Check out Adult FriendFinder, the easiest way to meet single people in your area.
Find hot adventurous women now!
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: General Faking Chat, Tips, & Resources

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Another handy dandy tip that I don't always follow....wait a day or two before posting your fake. It's amazing how many glaring errors will jump out at you after 12 hours of resting your eyes.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    duffbeer asked a question in the 'Hilary Duff' fake Thread

quote:
    'Anyone have a good tutorial on changing / adding lipstick to an image?'

A technique I find very handy for colouring certain parts of a pic is:

Create a New Layer (above the one you want to colour) and set the Mode to 'Colour'
    (any colouring you do on this layer allows the underlying detail to show-thru - if its too intense turn the Opacity down)

example

Original top left

This is an Excellent (very simple) trick if you want to Colour a Black &amp White image

making selections around the individual areas you want to colour will give you very neat edges
    (also don't forget to save each selection as you make them - one for Hair, one for Body, one for Eyes and so on - you never know when you will need it again)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    I have another Tip I use quite a bit, this recent pic of 'Nicola Roberts' is perfect to demonstrate

+ =

In the original body-shot picture the Model is looking slightly downwards and Nicola is looking pretty much straight on;
    when you 'copy &amp paste' the Head-shot onto the body-shot you end-up with the Cone-Shaped Head syndrome

yuk

This is my quick fix:

'copy &amp paste' the hair in the body-shot ... paste into a New Layer

then goto - Edit > Transform > Warp
    you can Grab anywhere inside the selected area and pull it to shape - very quick, very easy

yum

A word of Warning, its very easy to get carried away with this feature and your picture will descend into a freakish mess, remember 'less is more'
    Also pay close attention to the edges of the selected area (they can easily be pulled out of alignment)

you also can use the 'Filter > Liquify' Tool to get similar results (Liquify is a lot more powerful but a bit more involving)

I use this trick on most of my pics, you can even use it to reshape the face of the body-shot image so it matches the contours of the celebrity's face, makes blending the two together much easier

5. The Following User Says Thank You to opo For This Useful Post: reactor
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Great tips, Opo...thanks!!!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opo
    I have another Tip
    Excellent tuts opo.......but some of us will never have the skill and diligence to turn out quality fakes like yours.

I dont think it helps if derogatory remarks are made about the not so skilled.....good luck to them.....its only through perseverance that we advance

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sackett
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixated
    Thanks for the heads up to this thread on my last post. I'm new to the forum, new to fakes but, not so new to PS. I've been hesitant in the past to make fakes as I've been one of those extremely annoyed at the idiots knowingly trying to pass off a fake as the real thing. I didnt want to add to that, even though mine would have little impact considering the volume out there.
    That is why I always urge new fakers (or fakirs) to make a unique logo or sign their name to their fakes, as well as label the celebs name onto it. It's just another clue that says "hey, this is created...this is a parody...this is NOT reality." I especially urge it in cases where a faker is creating a nipple-slip or an upskirt or any other candid-type fake.
    That makes sense. From here on out I'll be sure to tag mine as fake...even though they are blatantly fake.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheers
    Quote Originally Posted by sackett
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixated
    Thanks for the heads up to this thread on my last post. I'm new to the forum, new to fakes but, not so new to PS. I've been hesitant in the past to make fakes as I've been one of those extremely annoyed at the idiots knowingly trying to pass off a fake as the real thing. I didnt want to add to that, even though mine would have little impact considering the volume out there.
    That is why I always urge new fakers (or fakirs) to make a unique logo or sign their name to their fakes, as well as label the celebs name onto it. It's just another clue that says "hey, this is created...this is a parody...this is NOT reality." I especially urge it in cases where a faker is creating a nipple-slip or an upskirt or any other candid-type fake.
    That makes sense. From here on out I'll be sure to tag mine as fake...even though they are blatantly fake.
    It also promotes, to my mind, a sense of community amoungst fakirs as well as those who enjoy fakes. An anonymous fake is all and well, but it's without context...but to know who did it, and in cases of collectors like myself, in what stage of their "career" they did it in, adds immeasurably to what the fakes means. Whatever means means.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    Personally speaking I prefer it the word fake is NOT on the fake.The logo is suffice enough............however in the case of a real subtle one or nip slip fakes I can understand......

I have seen so many good fakes that have huge logos and the word fake plastered across them and it takes from the work.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    a fantastic site for resources fonts, brushes, background and general PSD's is

http://www.deviantart.com/

well worth a visit....

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazomg
    a fantastic site for resources fonts, brushes, background and general PSD's is

http://www.deviantart.com/

well worth a visit....
    ha, i've benn visiting DA since 1998. as a matter of fact i've had a membership there about as long as i've been a member of this forum. i haven't shared any of my artwork there though. i've been thinking about it recently though...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Hopefully I won't sound completely ignorant but what's the best software to use? I've been looking at the latest Paint Shop Pro.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    some use paint shop, others gimp but the most common by far is photoshop cs5 ...its the one I use and recommend

look for a torrent and you should be able to download it for free

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    gimp is free open source software. its what i recommend.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    I'd recommend checking out 'youtube.com' for a few video tutorials (It's pretty amazing what some people can do with PhotoShop )

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireboxer35
    are there any forums or websites that you recommend that I could look so that I could learn to use Photoshop?

or like a book or something???
    Photoshop for Dummies is a great place to start if you have no idea at all how to start

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last