Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: New Server Issues

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah any idea how long it will take, I need my celebs man! lol, just kidding, but seriously how long ?

Here's one While U Wait

I think this still works [-o<

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Another question.

Will all the embedded images now being posted be thumbnailed? There are already too many pages in a lot of threads. I won't post until attachments are enabled no matter how long it takes.

I believe, however, that no matter how powerful the new server is, it will soon be overwhelmed by the volume of images posted to this board. I've been on many other boards similar to this one but never seen anything like the server load this board, with all it's image posts, must have. ]Good Luck, Administrator !!!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Well, I think it will take a day or two more
    All the attachments & thumbnails have about 15GB now
    Nothing will change from a user's point of view. The board will be on the same server, only the attachments will be on another one.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    The board will be on the same server, only the attachments will be on another one.
    Does that mean they will take longer to load up?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    The board will be on the same server, only the attachments will be on another one.
    Does that mean they will take longer to load up?
    It couldn't possibly take longer than it has the past week The reason that Admin. is going to all of this trouble is to make the board work better.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyursomny1
    i had just found this board a few weeks ago (3 maybe), so im relatively new here. but i noticed this past week that i CONTINUOUSLY kept getting a page that simply stated "critical error" upon trying to open threads, pics, vids, etc. at first i thought it was my connection. i can only assume this is why you guys are changing servers?? was this same thing happening to everyone??
    yep, everyone was getting the bone

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    JUST WONDERING ADMINISTRATORS......ANY UPDATE ON WHEN THE SITE IS GOING TO BE UP AND RUNNING???

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyursomny
    JUST WONDERING ADMINISTRATORS......ANY UPDATE ON WHEN THE SITE IS GOING TO BE UP AND RUNNING???
    Be patient. Don't rush a good thing. There is a lot of work involved. These are real people that run this board, so I'm very sure they've got other things in their lives besides gettin the board up and running. But it will be soon, keep your panties on! \/

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Intended to start a poll on this (when board will be back up) - 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours etc. with the winner(s) getting diddly squat. but polls also seem to be "temporarily disabled". C'est la guerre

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    grr argh. it's already been days, when o when will we really get the board back, i'm going crazy, oh well at least i've got mystery science theater 3000 to entertain me until the site gets back

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicus69
    grr argh. it's already been days, when o when will we really get the board back, i'm going crazy, oh well at least i've got mystery science theater 3000 to entertain me until the site gets back
    it's only been like 3 days! geez you guys gotta chill out. there is 15 gigs or something to be transferred and the admins have lives

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Sorry for the delay, but I'm sure there are plenty of posts and pictures on the board already that you haven't seen yet

All the attachments are on the new server, although there are couple of technical problems - for example thumbnails won't work when uploading new pictures... and few other things.
    Currently I have one guy doing the necessary modifications to the board, but until he finishes, posting will be disabled
    I'm hoping he'll get it done in 2 days maximum.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Whatever you do, DON'T HIT THE DELETE BUTTON! I'm tweakin over here Keep up the good work everyone!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    i love the site. i do. ppl put alot of time into it and its free. that being said, i dont think (nor did i when the admin. said four days ago that the site would only be down for a day or two), that its going to be "2 days max" from now until it will be back up. i would guess more along the lines of a week or longer from now. i hope im wrong, but these things always take longer. as a moderator said earlier, ppl have lives. i just hope that this isnt a sign that the site is going to close.....again, its a GREAT site.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Please be patient. I think itīs better to do a good work for the restart as to have many problems like in the past (critical error).

Let the Admins, Mods and technicians do their work and Iīm sure the Site will be still better than before.

I think itīs a great board. I really like it and it grows like no other board I know.

Admins and Mods: keep up your good work. =D>
    Can two be enough for the whole world?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last