Thread: Image Size

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2,929 Posts

Image Size

It seems to me we should have a uniform size for the images we upload. Before the attachment debacle the vast majority of posters used the internal upload, which gave the board a uniform look. I personally use 180x180, smaller then that makes it difficult for me to see if I am duping a pic and larger just ( in my opinion) looks out of place. I am just wondering what the other members think.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    I agree...however some uploaders use different sizes and are not adjustable, so requiring a specific size may keep some people from posting.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    Picking nits.

How about encouraging large(r) thumbs? Obvious in many cases that the poster could use larger thumbs. Maybe they just don't know how.

I'm with vdat100 on checking for dupes. Difficult enough as it is.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts
    Many posters are "One post wonders".
    They make the first post just to see what we have and never post again.
    Since the board crash and loss of the attachment server, many of them lost their first post and thus the right to see any of the attachments.
    They must then re submit a first post and many don't have a clue how to do that.
    When I see the small thumbs, I do try and get them to post anymore at a higher size, ie 180x180.
    Most "One post wonders" won't bother as they have achieved their aim of just being able to see the attached pictures.
    It will always be a fact that there are more leechers than posters.