Hi,

lately I have been experiencing an ever-increasing number of problems with my Megaupload account. I would like to know if I am the only one, or maybe one of the many.

At first the 'reward point' counting system was not functioning properly. For some periods of time (days) the count remained with a total zero downloads. I spoke with them about this, and they accepted that they were having problems, and would sort out the issue fast.

Next, the download count of the individual files went down. That was on July 16th. Not a single file since then has had one single download. The total point count system appared to be functioning, but i suspect to be counting earlier file downloads only. I spoke to MU about this and they again wrote back saying there were some problems and they would be resolved shortly. That was 2 weeks ago. They extended my account by 5 days with no explanation or mention of the reason.

Then two days ago, just after I noticed that I had 10000 points, enough to extend my account for one month, they removed the total premium point count button from their home page, and also from my account details page. It is no longer possible to check if their system is working or not. I wrote to them about this two days ago, but have no reply yet. They maintain that support questions will be answered within two days.

Finally, as my account is now about to expire, yesterday I tried to extend my account using the 10000 points only to find that they are not available, and the only way to extend my account is by purchasing another month. I have written to them about this, but as yet have no reply. For the statistics, I currently have 851 files online totalling 54 GB of data, with zero downloads for the last two weeks, and my account will expire in 4 days.

Is anyone else having similar problems? If so, may it be an idea to (temporarily) ban Megaupload on this board until they have sorted their problem out.

Also any suggestions of alternative file hosts will be welcome.

Mike.