You may find something of interest here:-
    http://www.famousboard.com/threads/1...-amp-Resources

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Re: Make Your Introductions Here

Welcome to TFB drakken1280. Good to have another photo manipulator join our ranks.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thanks guys. The more I fake, the more I hate my work... 1. Where are you guys finding such high resolution body shots? The way google is ranking them, even with the resolution tuned high on google images, I keep getting the same crappy ones. 2. does anyone know if madhatter or cheshire cat or any of the better fakirs here have any tutorials? I checked the thread spike posted and got a few tips, but I really want to take my work to the next level,... you know beyond copy crop, remove, blur/smudge/blend hair correct contrast/color/saturation.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drakken1280 View Post
    Thanks guys. The more I fake, the more I hate my work... 1. Where are you guys finding such high resolution body shots? The way google is ranking them, even with the resolution tuned high on google images, I keep getting the same crappy ones. 2. does anyone know if madhatter or cheshire cat or any of the better fakirs here have any tutorials? I checked the thread spike posted and got a few tips, but I really want to take my work to the next level,... you know beyond copy crop, remove, blur/smudge/blend hair correct contrast/color/saturation.
    Go easy on yourself. Enjoy what you do and keep learning. I've made plenty of crappy fakes over the years, but I always had a good time and enjoyed making them, while learning to get better. I've always thought that an ok fake made is better than a great fake never made. I don't know of any good fakir that started out great. You will find many thousands of Hi Res BS right in this forum. Having said that, the better fake specific sights all have BS topics with Hi Res pics as well in their forums. Regarding tuts, there are plenty of tuts in the better fake forums like The Cutting Edge and NFC. Let Google be your friend regarding these sights if your not already familiar with them. Depending on what photo editor that you use, you should be able to find specific tuts on line to what you're using. Once again, let Google be your friend.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gryphondo For This Useful Post:: Dantithesis, drakken1280
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi all. I've been in the faking world for a number of years. I was a co-founder of The Fake Place. Hopefully some people still remember that board. This is the liveliest faking forum I've seen in a while. Hopefully there are some other old-timers like myself here. Anyone remember the UW?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to James Lewis For This Useful Post: Turtle
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Hi James and welcome to The Famous Board. I remember The Fake place fondly and I was sorry to see it go by the way side for sure. I think at one time I was a member of just about every fake site on the net under my user name here or a few others that I've used over the years. Indeed I remember UW and a host of others. I've enjoyed seeing many of your fine "Geoduck" fakes and have posted some of them up here for our members enjoyment as well. This is a pretty stable place with quite a bit of offerings. This board has been around since 2004 and with the exception of a few glitches over the years and a major crash a few years back that we've recovered quite well from, we've been very stable. Glad to see you stop in and become a member. I hope that you find it worthwhile enough to be a frequent visitor.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gryphondo For This Useful Post: James Lewis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gryphondo View Post
    Hi James and welcome to The Famous Board. I remember The Fake place fondly and I was sorry to see it go by the way side for sure.
    Thanks. Most of the Fake Place founders are still around. Stonewolf and Kaspy are still active. The one who's missing in action is Fubar. Anybody know where he's at these days?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Haven't seen Fubar around in a good while.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gryphondo For This Useful Post: James Lewis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Introduction

Hi. I just joined your great forum today. I am Bowtie International. I create my own fakes on Tumblr and a couple of other places as well. I am a novice. I am also a great admirer of the accomplished artists that are found here and other places. They inspire me to be better. I know how much work goes into creating a fake so I appreciate their time and dedication and want to share with the rest of us.

Once again, I'm Very New here. I have to learn how things are done but I wanted to say hello and thank you for the opportunity to post with everyone here.

Kindly,
    Bowtie International

PS: I have already seen some of my work posted here by someone else. I'm glad people have responded in a positive way.
    Last edited by gryphondo; December 28th, 2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: moved post

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Welcome aboard BowtieInternational. You've posted some pretty nice fakes of your own creation and I've added your name to the fakirs list.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hello everyone i am new here. live in india

17. The Following User Says Thank You to huge For This Useful Post: Turtle
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drakken1280 View Post
    1. Where are you guys finding such high resolution body shots? The way google is ranking them, even with the resolution tuned high on google images, I keep getting the same crappy ones.
    If you are looking for a specific image that you already have in low resolution, besides using Google, you can use TinEye...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bast4RDO For This Useful Post:: Dantithesis, jimjonesnigga, throb57
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,342 Posts

After a few months, I guess its time to introduce myself. Been faking for awhile but was looking for a place to display them. I was on one board - which I see some of my previous work has shown up here - and found this place appealing. I don't care about credit for my work - just enjoy.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CTuesday For This Useful Post:: Dantithesis, Turtle
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Good to have you here CT! Thanks for contributing.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gryphondo For This Useful Post:: CTuesday, icon
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can call me Elyse or Xander (I answer to both). I'm sapphic and my pronouns are they/them.

Things I like include Jane Lynch, Anne Robinson, gaming, reading, writing, drawing, coffee, and cats.
    Somebody: You attract what you fear.
    Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.

Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last