Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Thread: Moderator Intros

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazomg
    thought I introduce myself for those you dont know me.............I am an Irish bloke who only got into pc's and faking just over 2 years ago.

40 years old and married.............but happy.
    I packed up my last job as it annoyed me..so now spend my time boozing,posting and keeping border collie dogs.........not necessarily in that order.
    You are welcome!

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    is demonicus still a mod?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    I believe he stood down due to time constraints.....................he is now a retired mod although it does not mention it under his name..........I believe that was his choice.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Hey mate! Never talked to you much since I work in the models forum. I'm a McLaughlin with roots outside Derry (Londonderry). My ancestor left in 1832 and moved very near where BB lives in Pennsylvania. Though a Texas boy I love my Irish whiskey and drink it from a Waterford tumbler. Tullamore Dew is one of the best Irish whiskeys we get here in the States.

My older sister competes in Irish Dance and has gone to Ireland with an ex-pat Irish friend to the Shannon area a few years ago. I so want to visit the homeland but can't sit in a plane that long. I was saving for a Concorde flight but that is history. Slainte!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    hi lineback.......................derry is the north of the country....I am in the south in cork.....next door to waterford that makes the glassware......ironically I was born less than 2 miles from their showroom/factory.....as for the whiskey.......I steer clear of that firewater...... more of a pint and a gin man myself.......if you ever make it to Ireland be sure to let me know

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Hey mate! I always hope for unification of Ireland. I'm a Protestant in my raising but I have never been able to support the Protestant colonization of Northern Ireland. I very glad the violence has subsided but I still always wish the the country be unified and the Protestants live in peace with the Catholic majority. We all believe in God so try to live in the peace His Son taught us. I understand it's an issue going back hundreds of years but I so hope for a solution in my lifetime.

Erin Go Bragh (apologies if I got this wrong)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    A question I put to Turtle and Gardwin - Ireland puts out only two brews we get in the U.S. - Guinness and Harp. You make several outstanding whiskeys that I love. Scotland makes many single-malt whiskeys that I have loved for years and a few beers that are good but too sweet for my taste (Belhaven or McEwans for example). I have many Brit beers that I enjoy a lot - Newcastle Brown Ale, Fuller's ESB, Young's Double Diamond and Old Nick. Why don't they make whiskeys?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    main reason is the scots and irish are celts and the brits cannot hold thier drink

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Well understood, mate.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazomg
    main reason is the scots and irish are celts and the brits cannot hold thier drink
    I can hold it ok, its after I've drunk it that I have trouble.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    As I get older I find a lash of pints is more trouble than its worth......when it comes to the volume of beer............got to watch in case I get the middle age spread.........drink spirits instead now.........bombay sapphine gin my favorite

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I'm lucky that my genes made me an alto flaco - Spanish for a tall skinny guy. 6'3" and 180 pounds. My college friends always said if I kept drinking beer I would get fat. I'm 57 and it hasn't happened yet. Maybe walking 10 miles a week helps. I can still barely fit in 30 inch waist Wrangler jeans.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    I can still barely fit in 30 inch waist Wrangler jeans.
    I too can fit into 30 inch jeans, I just can't get both legs in at the same time......

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    I can still barely fit in 30 inch waist Wrangler jeans.
    I too can fit into 30 inch jeans, I just can't get both legs in at the same time......

52" waist and 22" neck........I'm the winner!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I should clarify that I barely squeezed into 30"-36" length Wrangler 13MWZ jeans - their original Cowboy Cut jeans that have more room in the seat. I don't need it there as I've been told by an old girlfriend that I have no ass. However they do provide additional room for some things I'm very partial to, and they weren't particularly happy with these starched and ironed jeans as that always shrinks them up.

A few hours of wearing them and the boys were happier. Women think they have difficulties with clothes - they don't have Juan and his two amigos to deal with!

Useless info but those of you who have been here a while understand that's normal for me.

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last