Thread: Quesion about posting fakes

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quesion about posting fakes

I have a question about posting fakes. Particuarlly my fakes. Is there a place where I can post all my fakes in one spot. You know like a fakir gallery. The Fake Hunters stop posting my fakes here (for reason, dont know why) and it would take a long, long time to post my fakes in the individual celebrity fake threads. I joined FBBF (around November-December, I think) and they have a system where its one celebrity per thread, and I still dont have all my fakes up there yet. And its now May.

So is there a fakir gallery section (i didnt see one), or can one be made?

Thanks for listening.
    HS Verification for Jennifer/sig: Esquire Magazine Outtakes, 2010

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted."

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    855 Posts

Re: Quesion about posting fakes

Though I am not a mod here (I hate the paperwork, lol) I do not see that happening. Having been a member here for so many years, I do know that there are alternatives. If you personally do not want to post them individually, there are some of us who would be willing to help you. I am one of those people. As long as they are already hosted by an acceptable filehost, send me the link and I would be honored (and actually enjoy) sorting them out and posting them for you if given the link to the gallery. For both our sakes though, I would hope you have them easily identifiable as to who the celeb is, or at least have the name of the celeb on the actual fake itself.

Just lemme know mate.

(Oh....and ps.......don't look at my post count....after the board was revamped awhile back, it was reset to zero not reflecting the hundreds of posts I had beforehand. )
    Last edited by Newton; May 8th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

The board has always been one thread per celeb. It'd be down to Admin to allow you a single thread of your own.
    As Newton said, there may be others to help you post them. Maybe you could send him a zipped batch to sort through and post.
    The easiest way, I'd have thought, would be to collect all your pics of one celeb and post in one go.
    I say that because I don't know on what scale you make fakes. A few hundred shouldn't take too long, but if you have thousands, it will take longer.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

A good question bmsmith91. Though I personally like the idea in concept, I don't anticipating the single topic per celeb in the respective forums changing now or in the future. It's hard enough to keep the duplicates at bay when the celebs are posted in one topic, let alone several fakirs topics. That would be an easy task if this weren't a hunter board that allows members to find and post fakes created by other's, but that's not the case. Therein lies the main problem. It's easy for fake sites like TCE to allow member fakirs a place to archive their own work because you can only post your own work in the respective forums.

Perhaps someone from here will go to TCE and snatch up the pics you have posted where the member archives are stored. Of course that means they would have to sift through all of the posted pics in the topics they were going to post in here, to see if the pics they wish to post have been posted as of yet. A fairly easy task for topics with a few pages, but a task with the larger topics. Maybe someone may wish to bump up their post count by tapping in to your archive. All in all you're doing a pretty good job of posting your work here. If it takes too much time or effort to do them all, or you miss a few along the way, it's no big deal. Someone eventually will stumble upon your unposted fakes and throw them up. Hey, I've been on this site since 2004 and I still don't have all of the fakes I've made posted here and I'm not counting the hardcore fakes.

(Oh....and ps.......don't look at my post count either....after the board was revamped awhile back, I lost 40,000+ posts)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gryphondo View Post
    (Oh....and ps.......don't look at my post count either....after the board was revamped awhile back, I lost 40,000+ posts)
    Nah!!! He's not bragging........L M A O !!!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Newton For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Actually if someone where to go to TCE, they would find all my fakes in one spot. I have my own fakir gallery. I dont have many fakes. Maybe about 70 or so. But I have several singles. One fake of a celeb. A good portion of my fakes belong to Shakira and Jennifer Lawrence.

I guess I'll start posting fakes. It may take a while because uploading and posting on fake at a time, takes time. I might repost fakes, because I dont know what the hunters have posted or what I have posted in the past, either.
    HS Verification for Jennifer/sig: Esquire Magazine Outtakes, 2010

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted."

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I suppose you could start a thread in the Collections section titled "bmsmith91 fakes" and post them there.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmsmith91 View Post
    Actually if someone where to go to TCE, they would find all my fakes in one spot. I have my own fakir gallery. I dont have many fakes. Maybe about 70 or so. But I have several singles. One fake of a celeb. A good portion of my fakes belong to Shakira and Jennifer Lawrence.

I guess I'll start posting fakes. It may take a while because uploading and posting on fake at a time, takes time. I might repost fakes, because I dont know what the hunters have posted or what I have posted in the past, either.
    Your first paragraph is what my point was in my original response to your post. In your second paragraph, I also addressed that the way to find if a fake has been posted or not is to sift through the topic to see if the fakes are already posted. That's how it's supposed to be done. I can't begin to tell you how many members have had their post whacked and given infractions for not following this protocol as is clearly stated by the following rule:

"4. (c) Do not double post! All posts with duplicates will be deleted."

We've had more than a few members banned for failing to observe this rule.

As for posting collections in the Collections forum, that goes to the double post thing again, so that's not going to happen unless rules are changed.

Heeheehee! Good one newt, but not bragging my friend, just stating the facts.
    Last edited by gryphondo; May 10th, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo