Check out Adult FriendFinder, the easiest way to meet single people in your area.
Find hot adventurous women now!

Thread: Emma Watson, is related to 16th century witch

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,509 Posts

Emma Watson, is related to 16th century witch

The 19-year old who has made more than £18 million from playing Hermione Granger in the wizard franchise, is a cousin 14 generations removed from Joan Playle
    Her distant relation, from Great Waltham in Essex, was one of only 270 known people tried of witchcraft during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I.
    But rather than be burned at the stake, it appears Miss Playle was merely excommunicated from the Church of England.
    Although details of Miss Playle's conviction remain unclear, it would appear she was unmarried. Those generally accused of being witches in the 16th century were either old, poor, unprotected, or singler or widowed women.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/h...ury-witch.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spike70 For This Useful Post:: Dantithesis, TheDogThatDidntBark, Turtle
  3. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Emma Watson, is related to 16th century witch

Whatwhat.. no, Can't beleive it.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Re: Emma Watson, is related to 16th century witch

Just noticed your post, wandering into the Celebrity News section. In England, as opposed to Scotland and apparently Europe in general, 'witches' were not burnt anyway, but at worst hanged, like the Salem 'witches' in US, according to a very up-to-date book I read recently centring on a well-known case in the early modern period, involving a family that worked for an aristocratic family (can't remember title). James I, a great believer in witches, stirred up activity against them, to his eternal discredit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Exintaris For This Useful Post: Dantithesis