Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: deactivated

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    As the number of members grows, so the rate of posts grows. If graphed, it would not be a straight line, but an arc ever rising. Therefor if we double the space, it will be full again in 4 to 5 months. Admin is in charge of this, and I am not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion or to second guess them. Whatever they do is fine as long as I can post and oogle the girls

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    You really need data from more users to be really accurate although I'll bet you're pretty close. For comparison, since 95% of my posts re sets or videos, here are my very different numbers - 773 posts - .77% of total - 5799.44MB. It would be interesting to put this in a separate thread and see if the top 20 posters wouldreply with their numbers. My guess would be 120GB since that's a much more common size than 100GB. BB is exactly right about double the space lasting 4-5 months. SBC is offering DSL in Texas and several other states for $14.95/mo. and that's bound to accelerate the move away from dialup and result in more people loading bigger files. Also file sizes are getting bigger. Before the Web 30-40KB was a normal size file. Now I'm finding images around 1MB from people like MET-Art and 150KB seems to be average. The third factor is more pictures in the sets - when Christina started three years ago, 50 pictures was normal Now it'a 120 or more. These things mean the storage used per month will keep increasing logarithmically.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    It would seem that one of our numbers is wrong If you have 5799.44MB. and I have 4349.93MB you have posted a third more stuff than me. You are good, but not that good. Is your decemal point in the right place ?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Yep, the number is right. I actually thought I was just over 6000MB and some of my posts had been removed. I thought mods would see the amount used when you clicked on the name at the left of a post to see the profile. Can you only see your qwn? Like I said. I've posted very few pictures that weren't sets - no more than 50. So at 15MB for set posts and 20MB for video posts, assuming a 50-50 split that would be 5805MBof sets and 7740 for videos for a total of 13545MB (13.5GB) All video would result in 15.5GB total! This is not exact since the last .rar archive is under 5MB but it's pretty close. Also in WinRAR I select the top size (5,242,880)which gives 5MBfiles instead of Auto like most people which splits the original file into equal size chunks which makes no difference on small files but on a 100+MB video file results in less posts and I love efficiency.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    Yep, the number is right. I actually thought I was just over 6GB and some of my posts had been removed. I thought mods would see the amount used when you clicked on the name at the left of a post to see the profile. Can you only see your qwn?
    We can see everything except that #. You are averageing 7.5 MB per post. Sounds a bit high I have posted 1253 clips. That alone should tell us that something is wrong with the totals we are seeing. Mine, at about 1 MB per post seems about right.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I was editing my last post as you were replying to the first part of it. 7.5MB seems low to me for the reasons I edited in above. I guess the last .rar archive is much more often near 0 than near 5MB - that would mean the picture set posts would tend to be nearer 10MB and the videos nearer 15MB. I have no idea how many clips I've posted - is there a way I can see that? I'm a numbers nut and I'm always going to the UserACP to see which posts have gotten the most and least downloads. And no, I'm not that good, just doggedly efficient and out of work! What makes this all the more crazy is that my first post was 4/19/05 - three montha ago today in the Amateur Pages line.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Click your Profile button. Click USER ATTACHMENT CONTROL PANNEL at the bottem right. Count the Different type of files in the Extention column. I keep a running total of clips, since I don't like to count. I was being mean You can select how you want the files sorted and just look at the last # It's the Boxes on the right top. Selece sort by EXTENTION.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If I saw it right there is no "User Attachment Control Panel" in profile. But you can find it when you click on your user name.

My statistics say that I have uploaded 360.94 MB so far...
    (and I know a looot of text)

So, I am not that good?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsty
    If I saw it right there is no "User Attachment Control Panel" in profile. But you can find it when you click on your user name.

My statistics say that I have uploaded 360.94 MB so far...
    (and I know a looot of text)

So, I am not that good?
    You are the # 10 poster in total posts. That is out of about 25,000, so that is pretty damn good. Your average size post is larger than the board average, so that is very good. If linebacks numbers are right, he may be the board leader in volume posted. He is probably second to Calirat in average size of posts.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idspud
    Quote Originally Posted by butler bill
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk
    wouldn't it just have been easier to shut down the site for a few days until it got updated
    Nah. Then everyone would think that we were out of business. Besides, this way we all have something to bitch about in lines like this one
    Actually it is just a very clever way of keeping that post count moving upwards in the face of adversity.
    And I notice that you are gaining on me. Got to stop posting thost damn, slow to load clips

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    After I asked the question, sorting the UsrACP by extension occurred to me. I did that and realized that most of what I've posted has been in .rar files and there's no way to tell if they are sets or video. I did find a way to estimate the number of 5MB .rar files that are video. I have about 1750 attachments (35 pages) and 387 of those are .jpg files. If I take my extimate of 50 pictures not in sets that will leave 337 that are preview pics for picture sets and give about 13 posts of 4 pictures. Taking that from 774 total posts gives 761 that are sets or video. Taking the 337 pic sets from that gives 424 video .rar files. That's as far as I can go with this (and farther than you wanted I'm sure). I could have posted 100MB in the time it took me to figure that out.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    After I asked the question, sorting the UasrACP by extension occurred to me. I did that and realized that most of what I've posted has been in .rar files and there's no way to tell if they are sets or video. I did find a way to estimate the number of 5MB .rar files that are video. I have about 1750 attachments (35 pages) and 387 of those are .jpg files. If I take my extimate of 50 pictures not in sets that will leave 337 that are preview pics for picture sets and give about 13 posts of 4 pictures. Taking that from 774 total posts gives 761 that are sets or video. Taking the 337 pic sets from that gives 424 video .rar files. That's as far as I can go with this (and farther than you wanted I'm sure). I could have posted 100MB in the time it took me to figure that out.

(and farther than you wanted I'm sure).
    Exactly so GOD am I BORED. FIX THE DAMN BOARD MIKE

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Played with my numbers, Too hot to play with anything else. 159 pages, 1253 clips, 6671 pics, plus God only knows how many posts to the BANNED list in the Mods Forum. Hundreds. Need a new, nasty sig. Maybe GR can help. Think I will be happier when the board works again

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    My stats.

561.2mb total uploaded. 1816 files - mainly pictures (only around 10-15 video files).

I've also made a whole bunch of posts in the "bad post" topic, but I don't think they count because they get deleted after the bad post has been erased.

Quote Originally Posted by butler bill
    plus God only knows how many posts to the BANNED list in the Mods Forum. Hundreds.
    That many people have been banned!?!

What is the most common thing they do to get banned?
    --->Credit to all original scanners, photographers etc.<---

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Yeah, I'm afraid you're starting to mellow and if that happens GR is in for it. Thanks for the interesting numbers. I don't care where I am on the Total Posts list - it's big download numbers that make the work worthwhile. Right now my #1 is one of the two member clips where Christina is in the see-through short top with the dots on it and her boobs keep trying to come out the bottom - 513 downloads since June 20th. That makes me smile.

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last