Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butler bill
    Quote Originally Posted by idspud
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk
    wouldn't it just have been easier to shut down the site for a few days until it got updated
    Nah. Then everyone would think that we were out of business. Besides, this way we all have something to bitch about in lines like this one
    Actually it is just a very clever way of keeping that post count moving upwards in the face of adversity.
    And I notice that you are gaining on me. Got to stop posting thost damn, slow to load clips
    You forgot young skywalker, you have an ace up your sleeve.

You can make posts in the mod section were as the other members can't.
    you can make 1 post per member you ban....which is already a big factor in your post count.
    Everybody smiles in Snotsville.....OR ELSE!!!

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    and by the way, 1 GB = 1,000 MB

My guess is that this site has storage up in the terabyte range......and bill, that would be 1,024 gigabytes

Although I could be wrong and there might only be a 200GB hard drive running this site

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    There are about 300 people , maybe a few more, BANNED from the Board. The top reasons are:
    Repeately posting hardcore
    being a jerk ( insulting other members and constantly making derogatory posts )
    New kids that will not post an attachment with their first post
    Not reading their PMs. This is how the Mods explain what the member is doing wrong. Ignore a couple of warnings like that and you become more trouble than you are worth and you are no longer welcome here.
    The Mods also have a 2nd Warning List, run by
    Snot where we share the names and IP#s of members that have been warned twice.Next bad action noted by any Mod gets them promoted to the Banned list. We do our best to help new members be successful, as MANY will testify. We would rather have everyone posting and enjoying the Board than being excluded, but I guess that there is always that 2% of any group that are simply dickheads. Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snotmerchant
    Quote Originally Posted by idspud
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk
    wouldn't it just have been easier to shut down the site for a few days until it got updated
    Nah. Then everyone would think that we were out of business. Besides, this way we all have something to bitch about in lines like this one
    Actually it is just a very clever way of keeping that post count moving upwards in the face of adversity.
    And I notice that you are gaining on me. Got to stop posting thost damn, slow to load clips
    You forgot young skywalker, you have an ace up your sleeve.

You can make posts in the mod section were as the other members can't.
    you can make 1 post per member you ban....which is already a big factor in your post count.
    True, but those HAT TRICKS ars sooooo satisfying. Avd don't forget the fourples and the one quinfourple.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    While we are on the subject of not reading PMs, I have sent over 150 of this one

"The board is having a new HDD installed. You will be able to post and download soon. "

Only 4 !!! have been read

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Yeah there alot of dopes making posts in the girls threads that say "where did all the pictures go??" and "why can't I add pictures?"

I try to direct them to this thread but there's too many. If only people would just read.
    --->Credit to all original scanners, photographers etc.<---

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    At first I just thought these posters had just missed the note at the top of the frontpage about the change.

But they have so consistenty posted on threads that they even started to confuse me. I started wondering for a little bit if something was wrong with me or my access because they kept having conversations about pics and trying to post.

But can't wait for things to come back on!!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaraan
    At first I just thought these posters had just missed the note at the top of the frontpage about the change.

But they have so consistenty posted on threads that they even started to confuse me. I started wondering for a little bit if something was wrong with me or my access because they kept having conversations about pics and trying to post.

But can't wait for things to come back on!!
    Humans are social animals. They have an inborn instinct to want to be part of a group. It is against human nature to admit that they are not part of the group, or don't get the joke, or don't see the Virgin Marys face in the window dirt. Therefor they PRETEND that they can see the pics. All that we can do is delete their bad posts, send them PMs that they don't read explaining what is giong on, then do it all over again That is what makes being a Mod so much fun

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Humans are social animals. They have an inborn instinct to want to be part of a group. It is against human nature to admit that they are not part of the group, or don't get the joke, or don't see the Virgin Marys face in the window dirt. Therefor they PRETEND that they can see the pics. All that we can do is delete their bad posts, send them PMs that they don't read explaining what is giong on, then do it all over again That is what makes being a Mod so much fun

Being able to piss you off and not get banned is what makes being a mod fun for me

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaps
    so it isnt me then, status is
    You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You can vote in polls in this forum
    You can attach files in this forum
    You can download files in this forum
    You can view thumbs/links to attachments in this forum

will i be able to post and view images soon? [-o<
    Oh I am sure you can't wait to post new images...
    You have been a member for a year and you posted one... you're here for the same reason I am... veiwing

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plantman
    You have been a member for a year and you posted onw... you're here for the same reaosn I am... veiwing
    At least finally one who just does admit it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have been a member for a year and you posted one... you're here for the same reaosn I am... veiwing
    As much as I hate admitting it, I am the same. I just don't get any material decent enough to post....

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    >< To show my ignorance of this board as a newbie, even though I'd made my living in the computer business for 20 years, I sent my first PM to Mike because he was the author of the rules (yes I know reading them before trying to post is a radical idea) about how best to split files - hjsplit or whatever. He told me about the box at the bottom of the WinRAR screen that I'd never noticed. I'd seen the blue messagws about screwups in the posts followed by GR. In my ignorance I thought that was a mild reprimand to show displeasure but not as harsh as some people put in messages as GRRRRR!!! Seems like a big newb piece of stupidity but I hadn't looked around enough to find the list of mods. It seems ridiculous now but it was the first of many mistakes I've made on this great board. That should at least give GR a laugh.
    So you're the one! Thank's for reading them! Actually, the mistakes that you made weren't that bad! They just seemed that way to you because of your former occupation. You're doing great!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You have been a member for a year and you posted one... you're here for the same reason I am... veiwing
    I like this guy! Tell 'em like it is plantman!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snotmerchant

Being able to piss you off and not get banned is what makes being a mod fun for me
    I am SO glad that I recruted you. No one else was dumb enough th do the 2nd Warning List :P

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last