Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: New Attachment Host

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    14 - 16 days waiting is nothing if we get the old conditions back...

Thanks for the information that things are in progress,
    I try to be patient...

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsty
    There's a maintenance in progress on the server with attachments. Please be patient, thanks.
    What's up? Any news?
    While significant progress was made on the server disk situation, there was not enough time to finish the whole process. A safe stopping point was selected, and the remainder of the process will likely be attempted in 14-16 days.

While this might seem like a long time, it is the best that can be worked out at this time.
    Cheers Q (good on ya mate) Thanks for the update.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    After all this talk of view counts I had to go back and view my posts. I usually check those first to see if anything new's been added. It doesn't really matter if I started the thread or not. However, I do see that two posts that I authored have over 600 and 700 views respectively.... Now that's what I call major props from the peeps!

Sure, now I feel all pumped-up and realize I'd better chill, 'cause as of now, those figures will be moot if things stay the course.

Good luck to those hard at work......let us pray.... [-o<

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy
    Now that's what I call major props from the peeps!
    Yeah, that's the thrill, that's the fun, that rules!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsty
    Now that's what I call major props from the peeps!
    Yeah, that's the thrill, that's the fun, that rules!
    I agree.

The new way is actually a little bit quicker becuase some sites allow you to upload more then one image at a time. Unfortunately you can't see how many views your pics get (which I like to see).

If it will be back to how it was a few weeks ago, it will be worth waiting 14-16 days (or longer).
    --->Credit to all original scanners, photographers etc.<---

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Whilst I'm sure that we're all holding out for a return to the "status ante", the is a certain inevitablility that our board is sooner or later going to be invaded by yellow frogs. I just came across this site:
    http://www.keepmyfile.com/
    The owner of the site (which is just starting) was offering his services as an altenative to image$hack/rapidshare on a board who's content is a lot "stronger" that what is on view here. Perhaps Mike (Admin) or one of the mods could contact him (Florian (Horsty, er ist ein Österreicher)) and whilst we're working things out with our own hosting, can at least avoid the plague of frogs.
    Last edited by Turtle; March 18th, 2016 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Actually, I noticed on another board I frequent that does require independent image hosts that both the number of replies and views are listed for each thread. So, if this aspect was troubling some it doesn't have to, if the forum sets itself up to include such info. \/

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Actually, I noticed on another board I frequent that does require independent image hosts that both the number of replies and views are listed for each thread. So, if this aspect was troubling some it doesn't have to, if the forum sets itself up to include such info. \/
    do you mean that they see how often their hosted thumbs are viewed?
    Or do you mean only replies and views of the thread? Because this we have still here...
    In any case, if here would be a feature that shows us how often our hosted thumbs are viewed, this would in my opinion not make it better; still there would remain the other troubles as described in the "web-hosting and links" thread.

Nothing can match our board as it was before...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

memories, of the way we were....

I went back to the other board I mentioned, and yes, like here they do include number of repies and views of the thread, but not individual counts of individual thumbs viewed/downloaded. That doesn't bother me as much either. If you saw how many images some guys post over there in a single thread (125-1000) view counts on individual thumbs would get lost in the shuffle. I've got broadband thru cable and it's unreal how long some pages still take to load.

I do like how I can look to the left-hand column and see a little black dot in the post icon telling me I posted in that thread. Lots of other places do this as well. It's also helpful when each member's total images posted is given. That kind of weeds out the leechers. Of course, some of us newb types need and want to learn more and shouldn't be shunned for not contributing as much or as often. It does take a leap of faith to go out and do the image host thing. That's again why here at CelebsDB I contributed my very first content, 'cause it was the simplest to figure out. Sometimes 4 images at a time should be enough, if quality is an issue. Who really needs 95 different angles of the same anal penetration? Given the limits here we don't have to worry about that one!

Horsty wrote: "still there would remain the other troubles as described in the "web-hosting and links" thread."

I went back and read thru that thread. It is very entertaining at times, but I too got kind of lost when talk moved in the direction of rars and zips. I have only recently used both to extract files, etc., but not so much to downsize my files for contribution. Other threads I've contributed to here have delved into that issue on a smaller scale. And again, what I learned and shared was pretty easy.

Bottom line, putting your contributions thru a 3rd party, by its very nature (it is separate!), will certainly lead to lost links, some pics just not showing up even if you've done everything right. , and general frustration for the contributor as well as the viewer alike.

My first image host was ImageHigh, and that served as my training wheels. That lasted about 1/2 a week 'til the urgings of others suggested ImageVenue. Again, it is not perfect by any means, I don't think any of them are or can be, and that is really what's leading to the clinging on to the old ways attitude. No 3rd party, nothing is lost.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hey dangerboy, thanks for your long message, very nice to see how you made your thoughts.

I like to say that the view count of a thread does not mean that much to me. It only tells me how popular the thread is. E.g. here are some threads that have already 100,000 or much more views and these girls don't interest me because most of them look like children. Other threads with girls who I really adore have in comparison "only" around 20,000 views; so I just see that the tastes are different, and this is humanly.
    Also the reply count does not mean very much to me, because it is mostly dependent on how available the stuff of this girl is in the net.

But the view count on individual thumbnails or rar-files was always crucial to me. Because this shows me how much they like special types of pics. And the download count of a rar-file is even more crucial to me, because I see that they download this file although they must face the danger to download also some pics they don't really like. That was the reason why I also posted contact sheets to my rar-files, so that they can see every single pic that the file contains.

Now if I would post 10 hosted pics I will not see how often they are viewed, and this is one of the main reasons why I do not post anymore till we are back again.
    I found it so great when I posted 4 pics, then I was busy with uploading the next 4 pics, I posted them and directly I saw that my previous 4 pics have the first views. Man that is fockin great, that is the fun and the confirmation that I am posting good stuff.
    Now I can go back after a week or so and nothing has changed; did they view my pics or files? Mmh, I just don't know...

You find it unreal how long some pages take till they are loaded with broadband; so you can imagine how long they need with dial-up ..... and after loading everything is full of red crosses instead of hosted thumbs...

I agree with you, 4 pics at a time I found really enough, could be 6 or so, but we really should not worry about that feature...

Yeah, using a 3rd party is the f... shit; our board was the closest to perfect one, I have no news yet if we will be back to our old conditions, and I really miss it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Hello all

Just dropped in to see if anything has changed. It looks like nothing has. So, as for me, no more posting. I loathe all image hosts I've seen. Perhaps someday one will be ok but Image$hack is certainly not one of them. Frogs saying "Hotlinking has been disabled from this domain" frogs are spread all over the net but the uploaders are (or were not warned when they uploaded the files) not informed about any limits about traffic limits. I seem to be in complete agreement with Horsty on matters in this thread. Will continue to watch for developments. Regards to all!!!!
    Last edited by Turtle; March 9th, 2016 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hey boddabing, very nice to hear from you.
    Thanks for the regards!
    I hope our words in your "thanks for the fun" thread have cheered you up a little.
    Yeah, let's watch the developments and who knows, sooner or later we might have our fun again...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not too sure if I can help, but here's what I can offer.

I've got webhosting with oneandone.co.uk who host my website www.joyeux.biz if you want me to host some of the larger files until you get your HDs back up then that's cool. I can give ftp access to the posters who the mods deem appropriate, there'll be nothing you can do to damage or access my site so we're safe in that respect.

I did post a few files on here linked back to my site (Phil Flash Trio and Old Skool Neighbours Girls) but both posts were deleted, so I wasn't sure if I had broken any rules or not. Regardless, those files are still there, but at the moment only "approved boys" on my site can access them.

I'd be more than happy to help out, this board is definately one of the better sites on the internet...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2,929 Posts
    I am seeing a lot of red x's in the posts and some hosted pics are not showing up, is it my connection, the board having problems, or image$hack deleting things?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdat100
    I am seeing a lot of red x's in the posts and some hosted pics are not showing up, is it my connection, the board having problems, or image$hack deleting things?
    It's not you. Sometimes going to another page and comming back turns them into thumbs again. Refreshing the page does not seem to do the trick though. If you think it's tough viewing the pages under these circumstances, try Moderating them

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last