Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread: New Attachment Host

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Sorry, only images will be allowed as attachments.
    You can still put zip/rar/vids using external hosts, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

The bigger files would eat too much hdd space imo. Also they take more bandwidth causing images to load slowly for other members.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    As you may have noticed the thumbs are displayed differently now - I think it's much better this way, don't you?
    The file limit per post is raised to 12.
    All the file info (filename, description, times viewed, size) is displayed in ALT - just point cursor over the image.

I understand that not all browser will display the ALT correctly, so I'll try to switch it to dhtml tooltip soon.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    As you may have noticed the thumbs are displayed differently now - I think it's much better this way, don't you?
    The file limit per post is raised to 12.
    All the file info (filename, description, times viewed, size) is displayed in ALT - just point cursor over the image.

I understand that not all browser will display the ALT correctly, so I'll try to switch it to dhtml tooltip soon.
    You stole my Idea.. well part of it anyway...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    hehe sorry
    at least you don't have to worry about it now

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    can't we have a way for the filename to be shown on the actual page, for a lot of images I used to copy the name and just save link as. I can't do that anymore

I also liked to see the size of if without having to scroll over each image.
    and it seems to take longer to load now

I really prefer the old look

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk
    can't we have a way for the filename to be shown on the actual page, for a lot of images I used to copy the name and just save link as. I can't do that anymore

Which links do you have to save as... oh... I know what your talking about... mod_attach injects random numbers into filenames to avoid a namespace collision in the /files directory...

Most folks bitch about having to rename rar files.. mod_attach is the root cause... let me think about a solution to this issue as it irks me as well...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We can now upload up to 12 pics per post?
    Will loading one page then not become a problem?

Just some criticism as I believe it feeds your creativity:
    - holding the cursor over a thumb in order to see the filesize, desciption and views, I find also not so cool...
    - the broken line around a thumb is weird, I think a full line would look better...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsty
    Just some criticism as I believe it feeds your creativity:
    What creativity :P

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q

Which links do you have to save as... oh... I know what your talking about... mod_attach injects random numbers into filenames to avoid a namespace collision in the /files directory...

Most folks bitch about having to rename rar files.. mod_attach is the root cause... let me think about a solution to this issue as it irks me as well...
    when saving a picture whether its a jpg, gif etc
    If I right click it the filename is download.php thats why I always copy the filename of the file and just paste that, saves me having to type it out each time

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    when saving a picture whether its a jpg, gif etc
    If I right click it the filename is download.php thats why I always copy the filename of the file and just paste that, saves me having to type it out each time
    That had to be a pain in the ass if you had to save it that way
    I'm using IE and have no problems with that, when I right click on a thumb and select "save destination as" then it is saved with correct filename.
    I'll look into placing a filename under each pic though...

I thought the dashes instead of solid line around thumbs would look cooler Well I could change it if they're really not

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I got used to saving them like that, it was pretty easy and quick to do.
    My computer can't handle opening loads of pictures all the time you see so I had to do it like this. Now I have to click properties on each picture just to see the name & size and not reading them all on the page. it takes ages

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Monk - I have really never heard that someone saves pictures the way you descibed; and you find that easy !!??

There are two ways:
    1. left click the thumb and wait till the pic is loaded in a new window, click "refresh" in order to get the proper pic, right click this pic and make "save picture as"
    2. right click the thumb and make "save target as"

If both these ways doesn't work fine and proper on your computer, I just don't know which kind of computer you have, but surely not a normal one...

Hey Mike, I find solid lines muuuch cooler...
    Everbody agrees? Thank you and finish, so solid lines.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    I got used to saving them like that, it was pretty easy and quick to do.
    My computer can't handle opening loads of pictures all the time you see so I had to do it like this. Now I have to click properties on each picture just to see the name & size and not reading them all on the page. it takes ages
    Have you tried alt-clicking the link? it downloads it, saves it with the name as it appears in /files... all without opening it in the browser... I'm fairly certain IE, firefox, Opera, and Netscape support this... let me know...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    I have read how wonderful this new system is. All I know is that the pleasure that I get from this board comes from seeing how many times a post was viewed. Following the instructions I have pointed, clicked with both fingers and selected every possible option and the information that I seek is not there. I am not happy.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsty
    Monk - I have really never heard that someone saves pictures the way you descibed; and you find that easy !!??

There are two ways:
    1. left click the thumb and wait till the pic is loaded in a new window, click "refresh" in order to get the proper pic, right click this pic and make "save picture as"
    2. right click the thumb and make "save target as"

If both these ways doesn't work fine and proper on your computer, I just don't know which kind of computer you have, but surely not a normal one...

Hey Mike, I find solid lines muuuch cooler...
    Everbody agrees? Thank you and finish, so solid lines.
    I do the right click, but in firefox its save link as. And I do open some pics but just my computer is really crap and if the pic is big then it says low on memory or starts being really slow

Quote Originally Posted by Q
    Have you tried alt-clicking the link? it downloads it, saves it with the name as it appears in /files... all without opening it in the browser... I'm fairly certain IE, firefox, Opera, and Netscape support this... let me know...
    what is this alt clicking?
    do I use the left or right mouse button while keeping alt pressed?
    I use firefox by the way

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last