Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Thread: New Attachment Host

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    just seen the bits added to the attachments, this makes it much easier so thanks for the info, but it looks a bit messy now

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    What about now?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I prefer the old style better, but this is alright (will just take some time to get used to).

Good work
    --->Credit to all original scanners, photographers etc.<---

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Hello all As we are hosting images again, I am now resuming posting. One suggestion - I just posted 14 pictures in 2 sets of 7 because of the 12 pic/post limit. The thumbs are displayed in groups of 5 per row so if the limit was 10 or 15, the page count would grow a little more slowly and sometimes get another post on a page. Minor point but possibly useful.

Thanks for the work getting back to similar to past normal board practices!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I could live with posting limited videos to hosting sites and the dead links that the mods have to clean up but I primarily post .rar files of models like Christina and others and I can't see manually posting 125 images. I have 600 images from Christina and her group, not to mention another 100 of Peachez, just from last night and I didn't download the NextDoorNikki and MeganQT posts. The way the board is I'll not be posting much. I had high hopes we would be able to get back to the great community that we had but my hopes dim. I'll lurk and continue to post in Duplicate and Bad Posts to help the mods now and then but my participation level here will not be much the way things are. Very sad.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    What about now?
    If you mean the new look - WOW!!!
    I just saw it today and I am highly impressed!!!
    It is absolutely my taste: over the thumb the filename, under it the view amount and the filesize, and the thumbs are surrounded by solid lines; it looks for me cool, decent and very smart. Couldn't be better, I like it very much!

Just this 12 pics to a post I find not good at all. I have some problems already with loading the pages because it is getting just too much. I would be very happy if the limit would be 6, or just as many thumbs as suit in one horizontal line so that no scrolling from left to right is needed.
    One line of thumbs in one post looks very smart, more lines don't.
    I will just continue in posting 4 up to 6 thumbs in one post, hopefully other members will do so as well.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    The way the board is I'll not be posting much. I had high hopes we would be able to get back to the great community that we had but my hopes dim. I'll lurk and continue to post in Duplicate and Bad Posts to help the mods now and then but my participation level here will not be much the way things are. Very sad.
    Actually your lines made me very sad lineback. If you see it this way it has a big effect on me too.
    In any case, if you would now and then post some pics and write your cool comments that I loved so much, it would make me happy.
    I have also complete pics' sets with one set up to 100 pics. So I just post let's say 40 on one day and the rest on the next days, something like that...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    What about now?
    the smaller text looks better

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I only come by now and then, but I always bring something to post. I guess that makes me just a regular member and not one of the important people who are talking here, but here is what I think. I do not like this new look as much as I liked the old one. I like to watch the movies but some of the links are dead already. The old way of seeing the thumbnails was much better than the new way. It now looks sloppy.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    First of all: here is nothing like "important members" or something like that. Everyone who contributes is a valuable member of this board, no matter if 10, 100 or 1,000 posts.
    And by the way, our post numbers have no meaning! (my opinion)
    E.g. if lineback would have posted all his pics 4 at a time in one post, he would now have a 5-digit post number, but actually he has a few over 1,000. I just saw a guy who has currently 11 posts but once he posted over 400 pics (in hosted rar-files) in 3 or 4 posts, so you can imagine what I'm talking about...

Concerning the new look, I (for me) must say it again that I'm so enthusiastically. I find this so great so that I now spent some time just in looking through the threads I posted, just to see this great new thumbnails look again. I find it so great and smart and I cannot believe that someone finds them sloppy. It looks so cool with small letters and/or numbers over and under the thumbs, it fills my with delight to see my posts now like that.
    I urgently hope that this will never be changed again.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boddabing42
    First, one gave a bad thumbnail. I thought the recent changes might have fixed this issue. I have said (in another thread) that I won't correct bogus thumbs anymore. I think proper posting is my responsibility and correct post display is up to the board and associated software support personnel. I think I spend enough time uploading without having to edit posts to make them right and the only way someone will work to correct them is to leave them as displayed.
    I just also posted some pics and got a wrong thumbnail; I edited the post and uploaded the same pic again in the same box, after submit the thumbnail was correct. I don't know if this always works but it seems so...
    I have no problem with editing the post again in order to correct the thumbs. I don't agree that correct display is only up to the board and the moderators; I am a part of this community in every respect so it is my pleasure to help where I can.
    The other issue is that file comments no longer work. I added file comments that files 10 and 13 were larger reposts of pics from jimmaxmed but the comments don't appear anywhere. So, please disable the file comment field as it is totally useless.
    Keep cool man and write your comments in the message body...

First you say goodbye and now after the board is pretty fine again, you have directly something to complain...
    Post away and have fun!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    I think I spend enough time uploading
    Thanks for posting content... Please keep on posting!

the only way someone will work to correct them is to leave them as displayed.
    I believe I've fixed the thum issue... I've tested it on the erica campbell thread thismorning and it appears to work now... I just have to go back and regenerate the bogus thumbs currently in the system... tonight maybe...

The other issue is that file comments no longer work.
    Mike changed this one. Talk to him about changing it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    I believe I've fixed the thum issue... I've tested it on the erica campbell thread thismorning and it appears to work now... I just have to go back and regenerate the bogus thumbs currently in the system... tonight maybe...
    You have two wrong thumbs there in your Erica posts; maybe it will be fixed after the regeneration.

By the way, great job that you reposted 2 sets there!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsty
    You have two wrong thumbs there in your Erica posts;
    I was forcing the error during my test posts this am.. The last post is error free..

maybe it will be fixed after the regeneration.
    yes they will be fixed..

By the way, great job that you reposted 2 sets there!
    danke... I forgot to give the other fella credit for the RS links... My mind was a little occupied with finding the bug...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    The other issue is that file comments no longer work. I added file comments that files 10 and 13 were larger reposts of pics from jimmaxmed but the comments don't appear anywhere. So, please disable the file comment field as it is totally useless.
    The comments are displayed using image's alt tag. Just mouse over a thumb and you'll see it.

Also I see that many of you prefer not to post archives/videos at all anymore instead of using external hosting. I know that rapidshare has some annoying limits, but did you try other file hosts that I included in "Changes on CelebsDB Board" topic?

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last