Thread: Sharing Large Files...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sharing Large Files...

I know that some people have been complaining in a few of the threads about posting large files.

I have got loads of room on my web space and can set up a CelebsDB ftp account for people to upload large files such as Zip Files of Sets or Movies. This might be easier than using Rapid Share or MegaUpload. I've put a Phil Flash Triple Shoot on there at the moment and it seems to work well enough.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Naturally I'd only give the password to Posters who have contributed a fair amount already.

Any thoughts?

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    hey mojo,
    I was thinking that you might be a little disappointed that nobody has answered yet, so I like to say that I appreciate your offer.
    I, for me, like to say that I first like to wait if we get our old conditions back. If not, I think the opportunity you created should be considered as something we should really try out.
    Thanks for your interest and thoughts in improving our board!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well the offer remains open, thanks for replying.

What exactly has happened to cause the change in conditions?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    All the storage space filled up They got a bigger HDD but it couldn't work with the old one. They are working now trying to have everything work together. You can read more complicated explinations with a lot of big words elsewhere in the forum, but that is what it boils down to.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Have you already read through the threads mojo?
    The 2 most important ones are "New Attachment Host" and "WEB-HOSTING AND LINKS". (and of course also the announcement "Changes on CelebsDB Board")
    What do you say? Could you maybe even help us?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I have a file thats 53 KB when rar'd. Apart from megaupload, where else can I put it. Gigashare is 50 KB and megaupload keeps going to megaupload/es/
    when I go to the site.

Any other sites? And also, is there any way of making rar split into smaller files that 98 Kb? I can't find a way of maybe splitting this 58 file in two and maybe load onto rapidshare instead.

H1

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Lineback and Snot understand that RAR majic. I'm sure that they explained it somewhere in this forum. Since I don't do RAR I forget where it is, but if you look you will find it.