Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: cant see pics any more... ???

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helagak
    ...i can see the ones with the pic on left and text on right, but not the others...
    ok, this is good progress... What is the exact version of Firefox and OS (include relevant patches like SP2 or what not) that you are running?

Quote Originally Posted by helagak
    ill try hooking my laptop up to see if i can see them.
    that would be an excellent test. When you report the results, please include the laptop OS, and browser info.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey, I am having the same problem. I am using IE 6.0, and have tried the security setings, restoring default everything, and clearing cookies. No clue what is causing it but this is the only site that I cannot see pics on.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    ok, this is good progress... What is the exact version of Firefox and OS (include relevant patches like SP2 or what not) that you are running?
    I have XP SP2 and Firefox v1.0.4 I have also tried IE v6 with the same result. I have a second machine networked so tried that too. Same result.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kain124
    ... same problem ... No clue what is causing it but this is the only site that I cannot see pics on.
    You only ahve 2 posts in 11 months... Only three attachments... How about installing firefox and post a few sets first?

Anybody running IE 6.0 and not have the problem?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1
    I have XP SP2 and Firefox v1.0.4 I have also tried IE v6 with the same result. I have a second machine networked so tried that too. Same result.
    Another "old" account with 5 attachments...

I use FF (1.0.4 on linux and 1.0.6 on OS X) with no problems...

Any other XP SP2 FF users not have the problem?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    ... same problem ... No clue what is causing it but this is the only site that I cannot see pics on.
    You only ahve 2 posts in 11 months... Only three attachments... How about installing firefox and post a few sets first?

Anybody running IE 6.0 and not have the problem?
    Actualy I had quite a few posts not too long ago, but when my topics started getting deleted and I was not told why, I figured why bother posting anymore.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Actualy I had quite a few posts not too long ago, but when my topics started getting deleted and I was not told why, I figured why bother posting anymore.
    That would piss me off too. Try posting again and see what happens. Seriously...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post
    Oh and I tried downloading firefox it does the same thing. Here is what the page with Katie fey looks like to me.
    ok, I can see your attachment fine. I'm curious if You can see it too? when you mouse over the void where a thumb should be, can you click the link?

Did you add any extensions to firefox or just the default install? Are you running any filtering products on your OS system? If you just downloaded it, your running 1.0.6?

I found a precompiled wget for windows. I did not make it; I have never used it; I can not vouch for it as I don't have a windows box to test it on. If your willing to try that application, try to manually fetch a jpeg that your screen shot shows you can not get...
    Code:
    wget [url]http://dl.famousboard.com/files/thumbs/t_logo_178.jpg[/url]
    Can you view the local copy? If you can, it's very likely an odd html coding problem on this site... If you can't, then the problem is likelyon your pc, or somone between the server and you is running a transparent proxy of some kind.

Page 2 of 2 First 12