Thread: imagetwist

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

imagetwist

Imagetwist seems to be down at the moment, so we have a lot of links not showing!
    Let's hope it's not for too long

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Re: imagetwist

Not sure this is the right place to put this, but there is a link to Imagetwist. Recently, when clicking on thumbnails posted by ABondagefan, I got this message:

Access denied
    Access has been denied by your internet access provider because this page may contain indecent images of children as identified by the Internet Watch Foundation.

Deliberate attempts to access this or related material may result in you committing a criminal offence. The consequences of accessing such material are likely to be serious. People arrested risk losing their family and friends, access to children (including their own) and their jobs.

Stop it Now! can provide confidential and anonymous help to address concerning internet behaviour. They have helped thousands of people in this situation.

0808 1000 900 | help@stopitnow.org.uk | www.stopitnow.org.uk

If you think this page has been blocked in error please contact iwfenquiries@bskyb.com or visit: http://www.iwf.org.uk/accountability...appeal-process

A day or so ago it started happening with mastershop's postings too. I think there may be a link to Imagetwist because, when I wrote to ABondagefan about this, he said that Imagetwist had been down, which implied that he posted on it, as mastershop does (just checked). But it doesn't happen with any other postings on this site (e.g. masses by The Slider), or on any other sites that I frequent of the same nature, so although I do get my internet link via Sky I do not think that can be the source. I'm wondering if this is the result of some form of malware infecting Imagetwist.
    Last edited by Exintaris; April 22nd, 2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: corrections

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

I've not noticed this one yet, though I do sometimes get a "supposed" police warning telling me I've been where I shouldn't be.
    Probably another scam.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts

Probably another scam.
    I agree

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Okay, sure, but what does *do* to get rid of it and be able to enlarge the thumbnail? Double-clicking on the thumbnail or clicking on the message have no effect, and right-clicking simply reproduces the thumbnail. As it is, quite a substantial number of postings are going to be visible only as thumbnails, which rarely enlarge satisfactorily if downloaded as thumbnails. And should not imagetwist and/or the posters be informed officially?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts

Can you post a couple of links to the problem pictures so we can have a closer look ?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

I tried both ABondagefan and mastershops links and they seemed to work ok after an initial popup advert, (dunno wht it was as I close them pretty quickly).
    I did ask ABondagefan to make his thumbnails a bit bigger, as having them so small are hard to see.
    But as Bill says, point us to the links you're having problems with. It could be a browser issue.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts

I just tried several of his links to Imagetwist using firefox with pop-up blocker and have had no trouble or pop-ups at all.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I have AdBlock Plus, which does not react, nor does Firefox anti-popup (my browser is Mozilla Firefox, through Google). The message appears on *every* posting by ABondagefan and mastershop, even some that were not affected when I saw them, and just now I checked the latest posting for LeAnn Rimes (April 23rd), by Hammy, and it affects them too. But nothing posted using Imagebam, which the majority of posters seem to use, is affected.

NB this development in hammy's case is clearly related to transfer from Imagebam to Imagetwist, because older fakes using Imagebam (latest Rachael Ray, Jan. 7th 2016) are not affected.
    Last edited by Exintaris; April 25th, 2016 at 03:20 AM. Reason: additional material

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts

Got this message

Hi, sorry for sending you a private message but I am unable to post a reply to the imagetwist problem thread because my post count is zero.
    The issue is being discussed on another forum including input from someone who I think runs the imagetwist site.

As I understand it (and I'm no expert) the site has been under attack for a few days - a ddos attack I think.
    In addition it has repeatedly been reported to an internet watchdog for having indecent images of children.

As a consequence Sky broadband has automatically blocked the site. So I, and as far as I know all Sky users get the scary and threatening message whenever we try to view an imagetwist image.

A link to the discussion is here:

http://www.planetsuzy.org/t548280-p1...t-issues.htmll

12. The Following User Says Thank You to butler bill For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Thanks for that - rather like what I suspected. Will just have to wait it out, I suppose.

A few minutes later - things must have been sorted out, as postings have been made by all three I've named and are accessible without interruption. Good work on someone's part.
    Last edited by Exintaris; April 25th, 2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: new information

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

IMAGE VIEWING

Is anyone having problems viewing some images in the last week some images are not loading - I have tried both Chrome and Firefox - an example are the latest images loaded for Emma Watson under Celebrities. Thanks

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts

Re: IMAGE VIEWING

Working fine for me.
    Here is the link to the page if anyone else wants to try them

http://www.famousboard.com/threads/3...-Watson/page40

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,905 Posts

Re: IMAGE VIEWING

Quote Originally Posted by butler bill View Post
    Working fine for me.
    Here is the link to the page if anyone else wants to try them

http://www.famousboard.com/threads/3...-Watson/page40
    It works fine for me...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exintaris View Post
    Not sure this is the right place to put this, but there is a link to Imagetwist. Recently, when clicking on thumbnails posted by ABondagefan, I got this message:

Access denied
    Access has been denied by your internet access provider because this page may contain indecent images of children as identified by the Internet Watch Foundation.

Deliberate attempts to access this or related material may result in you committing a criminal offence. The consequences of accessing such material are likely to be serious. People arrested risk losing their family and friends, access to children (including their own) and their jobs.

Stop it Now! can provide confidential and anonymous help to address concerning internet behaviour. They have helped thousands of people in this situation.

0808 1000 900 | help@stopitnow.org.uk | www.stopitnow.org.uk

If you think this page has been blocked in error please contact iwfenquiries@bskyb.com or visit: http://www.iwf.org.uk/accountability...appeal-process

A day or so ago it started happening with mastershop's postings too. I think there may be a link to Imagetwist because, when I wrote to ABondagefan about this, he said that Imagetwist had been down, which implied that he posted on it, as mastershop does (just checked). But it doesn't happen with any other postings on this site (e.g. masses by The Slider), or on any other sites that I frequent of the same nature, so although I do get my internet link via Sky I do not think that can be the source. I'm wondering if this is the result of some form of malware infecting Imagetwist.
    i got hit with this yesturday from imagetwist and it actualy installed a few temp files that cause my antivirus to go nuts
    Signature not found

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kassad For This Useful Post: Dantithesis