Thread: Imagebam & Imagebox

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

Imagebam & Imagebox

Imagebam & Imagebox are soon to be no more

They will be gone around the 30th June 2017

Users posts will be open for you to edit if you so wish, as the 72hr limit has been lifted.

We will endeavour to re post our own posts, but it will take time.

New hosts will be sought to replace them, if anyone has any ideas, please let us know.
    Until then, permitted hosts are still those in the rules section.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
  3. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts

Re: Imagebam & Imagebox

Just heard that Imagebox is NOT shutting down. Some kind of deal was reached.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to butler bill For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    763 Posts

I was just on imagebam too. It says now they`re undergoing maintence. Whats going on?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anegel1968 For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butler bill View Post
    Just heard that Imagebox is NOT shutting down. Some kind of deal was reached.
    ImageBox is a web site design firm that is not shutting down. ImgBox is an image host which is owned by the same company as ImageBam. ImgBox is currently back in service, with no special messages. ImageBam is down now, with a message about maintenance.

I'm continuing efforts to rehost my posts from ImageBam and ImgBox (onto PiXhost). I find I spend much of my time looking for replacements for ImageBam files that have vanished from their servers. So, regardless of what's happening with the image hosts, the results should be better contents for Famous Board visitors.
    Click on Thanks (below left) if you like this post.
    ImageBam and other hosts lose files over time. If you notice missing images in any of my posts, please send me a PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curmudgeon For This Useful Post:: anegel1968, butler bill, Dantithesis, Turtle
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

From ImageBam:
    ImageBam is a free service with more than 10 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online. Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

The recent support from the community has been amazing.. Thank you, you rock! We will always be here for you and your files: Permanently, Reliably & Free!

Sincerely,
    The Team
    Looks like they might be hanging around for a while yet?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    763 Posts

Just the same, I`m gonna start switching from Imagebam to Imagevenue.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts

This is encouraging news (though we won't know for sure for a couple days), and I've slacked off on my rehosting efforts. Still, there's substantial file loss involved with older content on ImageBam. Because of this, and because I've over-relied on ImageBam (good user interface and I really like that it perfectly preserves file names), I'll be mixing up my use of image hosts more in the future. If you notice file rot affecting any of my posts, please send me a PM.
    Click on Thanks (below left) if you like this post.
    ImageBam and other hosts lose files over time. If you notice missing images in any of my posts, please send me a PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Curmudgeon For This Useful Post: Dantithesis
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Great news regarding imagebam and imagebox.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gryphondo For This Useful Post: Dantithesis