Thread: Tips / critiques?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Tips / critiques?

Are there any faking pros out there willing to check some of my posts and critique them? I know I can improve but am not sure where to start. My color balancing seems to need work but I'm not sure how to improve.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts

Re: Tips / critiques?

I'm not sure what program you're using for your fakes, but if you're using some form of Photo Shop or Gimp, play around with the levels until you get it as close as you can. Brightness, hue, color balance and saturation can play a part as well. The best thing to do is just keep playing with you color tools. Once you think you've got it about right, look at your work closely. If you see that the head shot is too dark, then go back and lighten it up. If it's too light do the opposite. If it's the right level of color but too bright, then lower the brightness. You can edit these in your photo manipulation program before you actually save your work. Before you save it, you can always go back and use your edit tool to undo what you've done. I find it best to do this before you even anchor the head shot to the body shot. Just do your levels, brightness, etc. before you anchor and you won't need to go back and edit. Make sure that you look at your fake in the program before you do the anchor. Be sure to size it to your screen so you can see the full pic and how the color is between the HS and BS. Keep adjusting until you are satisfied and then do your anchoring. You might want to join one of the good fake sights on the net for specific tutoring. The better fake sights are great learning places with some pretty accomplished teachers that will look at your work in progress and give you specific pointers. Good luck!