Thread: Desert Island Decisions...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,009 Posts

Desert Island Decisions...

You have been stranded on a desert island (that was careless...). Happily for you, you were travelling with a genie! What a stroke of luck!! You decide that, as you like the island so much, you will stay and make a home. Foregoing all contact with the outside world, you decide to build a paradise!!

To aid you in building your Utopia, the genie will supply you with:
    a) Four lovely ladies for company. They seem to be quite happy with living on the island with you.

b) A supply of your favourite drink (alcoholic or not), which can be chilled if you require. Water is already on the island. Bottle opener can be provided if needed.

c) Your favourite food for breakfast, lunch or dinner every day. This will appear cooked to perfection. Only one meal can be chosen, the other meals will have to be made from what is on the island. If you get bored of it, you don't have to eat it, but there won't be an alternative provided...

d) One piece of equipment for your entertainment, and one for exercise. These can be electrical, as the genie can supply a power socket! Games consoles come with a TV, which alas cannot pick up any channels. Consoles, PCs, Macs & tablets will not come with internet access. DVD/BluRay players, iPods etc come with whatever you currrently have in you collection.

To kick off, my choices:

a) After much hard thinking and a little bit of crying, I decided on Karen Gillan, Taylor Vixen, Gemma Arterton & Emma Stone. Maybe I should have made it 30 ladies...

b) I'm not one for alcohol really, so I am going to choose a nice milkshake! I find them strangely relaxing on holiday. Maybe I never grew up...?

c) I'm going to go with chicken fajitas, with plenty of salsa, cheese and peppers!!

d) an iPod stuffed full of all my favourite music, and a weights bench with some weights. Can't go getting flabby now, can I?

So, now you have to make your decisions! And remember, you want to be on the island, so no choosing helicopters to fly away in...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeky_munky For This Useful Post: TheDogThatDidntBark
  3. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,509 Posts

Re: Desert Island Decisions...

My choices

a) Halle Berry, Michele Ryan, Konnie Huq and Angelina Jolie (subject to change as the fancy takes me).

b) Caffine free Diet Coke (never been a big drinker).

c) Cottage or Sheppard's pie.

d) My iPad, full of games and apps.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:: cheeky_munky, TheDogThatDidntBark
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

For me, it's:

a) Sophie Howard, Caroline Catz, Emma Watson and Mellissa Clarke.

b) Magners cider by the bottle.

c) My overall favourite food is a salad I cook for myself once a week. Since I don't have to eat everything each time and this salad contains several ingredients, that should have me well sorted.

d) My computer (huge music collection, lots of video games, you can guess the rest); a full set of hiking kit for all weathers.

(Good idea, this thread )

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDogThatDidntBark For This Useful Post:: cheeky_munky, Turtle
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

a) Only four?! Tough call. Alison Brie, Sophie Howard, Alice Eve, Scarlett Johansson

b) Dragon's Milk by the bottle. (Yes, that's right. It's a malty beer that packs a real punch. Expensive, but really good.)

c) Also tough call. Thin crust pizza with sausage and black olives.

d) My computer (huge music collection, video games, movies/TV shows); a full set of weights.
    General ideas are no proof of the strength, but rather of the insufficiency of the human intellect. - Alexis de Tocqueville

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to derlich For This Useful Post:: cheeky_munky, TheDogThatDidntBark, Turtle