Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Your screen name here...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,506 Posts

Your screen name here...

Your screen name here.......

Where did it come from, how did you choose it?

I was watching a nature program on TV while registering, when a Turtle swam by ........ that's it, I'm useless choosing names!.

Mind you I am slow ........ and this shell on my back itches sometimes ................

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    interesting question...
    my friend and i have a habit of making up fictional situations that would be funny (don't ask me where it came from). one of the things i've thought of was making up names for bands or albums...don't ask me why.

we watch/watched wrestling and came up with this stupid name that hulk hogan fans could be called; "hoganites" instead of hulkamaniacs...
    anyway we really like disturbed and were listening to them in the car as usual and came up with the thought that fans of disturbed could be called "disturbedites" and it was so stupid that we laughed about it for a while and so even tho its an inside joke i decided to use it for that reason...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    I'm Bill and I live near Butler...not very creative

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    my birthstone is amethyst and i'm a wiccan high priestess

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i kill redfish
    Shabba-doo shebba-dee from 3999.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,621 Posts
    When I was In the RAF I was Nicknamed Spike(I dont know why)
    There were so many spikes on the web I added my age.
    By the way , did you guys know that if you google your nick youll find yourself ?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Old high school nickname. Some friends and I skipped out from school early one day to go to the pub and I was introduced to a friend of a friend (who was completely falling down drunk) and somehow he mangled my name into "Gardwin" and it just kinda stuck, even all these years later.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    kap160 is the name of the guy that tells me to do things, my friends can't see him, they say he's just in my head. He says they are ungrateful heathens who I should murder the next time I sneak into their houses to watch them sleep, and that Flarg the Mighty, Ruler of Omnicron 12 will give me a special hat when he eventually takes over Earth and makes everyone else cover themselves in motoroil and sing 'Flrag the Beautiful'...

Its actually a contraction of my name with 160 added to it for a reason the secret society I belong to won't let me divulge.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kap160
    kap160 is the name of the guy that tells me to do things, my friends can't see him, they say he's just in my head. He says they are ungrateful heathens who I should murder the next time I sneak into their houses to watch them sleep, and that Flarg the Mighty, Ruler of Omnicron 12 will give me a special hat when he eventually takes over Earth and makes everyone else cover themselves in motoroil and sing 'Flrag the Beautiful'...
    Thank you, thank-you, thank-you.
    I thought I was the only one

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    The first screen name I picked was dumb (ask Lineback).

When I decided to change it and participate more. I was trying to think of and find a name not already in use and remembered the film 'The Fugitive' with Dr Richard Kimble (Played by Harission Ford). I think it's a cool film, both Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones play their respective characters very well and like it that Dr Richard Kimble tracks down the bad guys leaving clues etc, eludes/fights the Marshalls and finally clears his name. Kimble was available, so I used it.

When I hear the name 'Kimble', it reminds me of the part in the film when Marshal Samuel Gerard (played by Tommy Lee Jones) steps in takes over the investigation. The local sheriff gets upset when Gerard says "We're always fascinated when, we find leg irons with no legs in them."

Garard then goes on to shout "Listen, everyone! A fugitive has been on the run for 90 minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injury, is four miles an hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and everyone of you is a hard target search of every......residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, outhouse...... and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at X (I can't remember the figure) miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble."

Kimble - FB's Fugitive

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Sometime in 2003, I managed to contract and subsequently spread several venereal diseases. Despite having a blighted penis (for which I refused to get treated until it became intolerable), I still attempted to fornicate with as many women as possible, though the number of those willing to dare to fuck me was few and far in between, though that was largely for cosmetic reasons, rather than pathological ones. Anyway, as to how I came up with my name.... I thought Bastardface had a nice ring to it...
    Live without Dead Time.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought it to be original, not sure if I am right or not.

Swan Lake Suite

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    demonicus69. i just made it up.

actually i was going by another name on another forum. i was known there as demonoid. after quite some time of not going there i went back and it turned out the forum had gone thru some changes and i was no longer a member there. but when i tried to sign up again with demonoid it wouldn't allow me cuz someone else had already taken it. it wasn't me. it suggested some other name but i didn't like it and i for no reason just called myself demonicus but once again the name was taken. it suggested demonicus but with various number combinations following it. one of those was 69 which made me smile and so i just added the 69 to demonicus and that's how that name was made. it doesn't mean a thing. i also checked to see who was using my old name and it was some idiot who said he just took it cuz i had left the forum and didn't come back after the change so he took it. as for the others named demonicus they never seemed to be on the forum anymore. the forum closed down and i ended up using the demonicus69 name here and on another forum i visit as well.
    What doesn't kill you. Simply makes you STRANGER!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicus69
    demonicus69. i just made it up.

actually i was going by another name on another forum. i was known there as demonoid. after quite some time of not going there i went back and it turned out the forum had gone thru some changes and i was no longer a member there. but when i tried to sign up again with demonoid it wouldn't allow me cuz someone else had already taken it. it wasn't me. it suggested some other name but i didn't like it and i for no reason just called myself demonicus but once again the name was taken. it suggested demonicus but with various number combinations following it. one of those was 69 which made me smile and so i just added the 69 to demonicus and that's how that name was made. it doesn't mean a thing. i also checked to see who was using my old name and it was some idiot who said he just took it cuz i had left the forum and didn't come back after the change so he took it. as for the others named demonicus they never seemed to be on the forum anymore. the forum closed down and i ended up using the demonicus69 name here and on another forum i visit as well.
    Wow !

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,506 Posts
    Great responses - thanks guys.

Shame we're not hearing from the rest of the posters.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last