Thread: A fast way to download the pics?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A fast way to download the pics?

I am not sure if i am crossing any boundaries here... if it is so i apologize in advance!
    How can i download the pictures from all the pages in a subject without clicking manually each one, or going through all the pages manually?
    I repeat if it is against the rules, ignore.
    If not, please share your knowledge with me. There must be a faster way!!! i have tried some programms but they don't always work!

Thanks

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    You can use the Image Grabber extension for Firefox
    http://cybormatt.googlepages.com/
    http://cybormatt.googlepages.com/imagegrabber-1.2.3.xpi
    there's also IIID (more complicated to use and configure)
    but they will only work if the pictures were uploaded to ImageVenue, ShareAvenue, ...
    If you want to download the pics uploaded to Famous Board HD's as attachments I don't know which software could do it. I think the only way is to save them one at a time.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for the tip! i tried what you said, and it is exactly as you described. It doesn't help with the all the pictures. I still expect that something else could be done to avoid the manual click. someone must have figured this out by now!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,577 Posts
    It took a lot of people a lot of time to upload the pics.
    Just take a little time to look at the pics, and maybe say a little thank you.
    Most sets are posted in zips/rars, download them!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I repeat i apologized at the beginning, this is a great forum. you didn't understand my intentions. I am not critisizing!!! I repeat i am not critisizing!!!!!!
    But if there was a way, wouldn't everyone benefit?
    I just suspect that there might be someone that figured this out already, and i wish he could share the info.
    If not, this is still a great site!!!!!
    THANK YOU all.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle
    It took a lot of people a lot of time to upload the pics.
    Just take a little time to look at the pics, and maybe say a little thank you.
    Most sets are posted in zips/rars, download them!
    Bwahaha! You just might be asking a bit much for someone who has only taken the time to post one pic in 8 month's. Give the guy a break, he's spending too much time trying to figure out a way to download all of the pics without clicking to do much else.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,577 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasdas
    I repeat i apologized at the beginning, this is a great forum. you didn't understand my intentions. I am not critisizing!!! I repeat i am not critisizing!!!!!!
    But if there was a way, wouldn't everyone benefit?
    I just suspect that there might be someone that figured this out already, and i wish he could share the info.
    If not, this is still a great site!!!!!
    THANK YOU all.
    I understand what you want.
    There are a lot of pictures you'd like and you'd like a quicker way to get them.
    There's no simple way of doing it other than asking the poster to add a zip/rar of the post.
    But this kind of defeats the object of most posts.
    I go by the ammount of times a picture is downloaded as to its popularity. This in turn encourages me to look for more.
    A simple thank you or other comment will also go a long way to knowing I'm not wasting my time by posting.
    Asking for a program to strip a topic of pics makes me wonder if there may be an ulterior motive.
    Sorry but that's just my suspicious nature.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaï_hulud
    If you want to download the pics uploaded to Famous Board HD's as attachments I don't know which software could do it. I think the only way is to save them one at a time.
    I use Free Download Manager for this. Simply left click and select the pictures you want to download, then right click and choose "Download selected with Free Download Manager". On sites that have links to jpg files, you can use the Filter button, but in the current version it only filters on extension. On this board you can't use this because everything has the .html extension, so if you select pictures from multiple messages, you'll have to manually select and remove anything that is not "/download,id,xxxxxxxx.html".

Works in both IE and Firefox.

When saving in IE, I noticed that Save Target As will work, but when first clicking the image to view it and then trying to use Save Picture As.. it will aways want save it as Untitled.bmp unless you reload the image (F5). Very annoying.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,796 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohan
    When saving in IE, I noticed that Save Target As will work, but when first clicking the image to view it and then trying to use Save Picture As.. it will aways want save it as Untitled.bmp unless you reload the image (F5). Very annoying.
    or "refresh"

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,069 Posts
    If you use Firefox, the easiest way is to use 'Download ThemAll!'. This prog has a rename option and many more.

But I agree with Turtle. The uploader spend much time, and a simple THANKS can motivate them to upload more.

However, the site of the prog is here.

At least, I hope the leechers who use it say thanks here...

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    http://antibody-software.com/web/ind...ask=view&id=33

just told of this, just put the address of the forum page where the pics are into the correct section and wait for them to load then hit download. its a limited version but a good one at that

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,078 Posts
    The Bulk Image Downloader is a good tool. Limited in a lot of respects, and won't work here.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    YUP!!!
    C(OYO)