Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last

Thread: Image Hosts

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts

Re: Image Hosts

I used to use radikal.ru because there was a handy front end (IIIUploader) which would leverage it among many other image host options. IIIUploader was best supported in the Windows XP era, and I haven't used it in years. Because I don't speak Russian, using radikal.ru directly doesn't make sense for me. I don't object to its exclusion from our list going forward.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    743 Posts

I don't understand Russian either, so I don't care about those hosts that have too many scripts, etc. anyway.
    I did ask Mike why Chevereto hosts were banned and he told me he had no opinion on Chevereto, so I'll take those off of the banned list or anyone else can if that's okay with all of you.
    On a good note, renewed Imagevenue loads faster now with less dead thumbs.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts
    Chevereto was banned because it spawned zillions of malware-laden pop-ups. Unless there's positive evidence it's safe to use, I don't think we need the hassle.
    Click on Thanks (below left) if you like this post.
    ImageBam and other hosts lose files over time. If you notice missing images in any of my posts, please send me a PM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    743 Posts

Thanks for that information, Curmudgeon. That's why I asked Mike since no one chimed in about it earlier and was my concern with the ones we currently allow with all their unnecessary scripts, etc. that I must allow to properly see the images on those hosts. Image-bugs and the other I can't recall. Only used by a few so I'd say we should ban them. Other's thoughts?

I was thinking of imgcredit.xyz, but now see that they don't use Chevereto, just image-bugs.
    Last edited by Dantithesis; May 15th, 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    444 Posts

As i said earlier. the above said issues were there. The version 1.x.x was used for spreading malware and malicious popus by a lot of people because it was a free script. Any tom dick and harry could use it. Even the interface was different. It became defunct since it was not even supported by php 5.4. Most sites are using php 7.x now

It was then that the script was banned as it was much misused. It has evolved a lot since then. It is in Version 3.x.x now with version 4.x in the making which will allow use of short video clips instead of gifs as .mp4 clips are a lot smaller in size and better in quality. There are no malicious scripts. If any unwanted scripts are loading then they are because of the advertiser used by host & can be corrected easily and not because of the script.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    743 Posts

I researched it further. It also has exdynsrv.com like exosrv.com. Both bad. It was blocked automatically by my protection but other members may not have it blocked or know about it.
    Below is one observation of many on that domain.

Search for yourself. I know Imagetwist has it's own problem hangers on and it was not allowed long before I started modding, so I don't know anymore on it.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/exdynsrv-com/

"The domain exdynsrv.com is an ad-rotator, meaning it redirects to sites that show advertisements, many of which are involved in tech support scams, as well as spreading PUPs and adware."

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,302 Posts

I would like to request https://picstate.com
    Using this host a few years and never had any problems with it. I can give a links to examples if it's need

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDoom View Post
    I would like to request https://picstate.com
    Using this host a few years and never had any problems with it. I can give a links to examples if it's need
    Sorry I'm late in replying, (a month), no excuses apart from forgetting to check the thread.

Please do post a few examples here so we can check them out and I'll nudge some of the other mods to weigh in with what they think.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Sorry I'm late in replying, (a month), no excuses apart from forgetting to check the thread.

Please do post a few examples here so we can check them out and I'll nudge some of the other mods to weigh in with what they think.
    A couple of examples
    https://picstate.com/view/full/13920197_dyhhl
    https://picstate.com/view/full/13559794_tdawf
    https://picstate.com/view/full/13009201_58pt8

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDoom View Post
    A couple of examples
    Do you have any examples with clickable thumbnails? That's our preference here at The Famous Board.
    Click on Thanks (below left) if you like this post.
    ImageBam and other hosts lose files over time. If you notice missing images in any of my posts, please send me a PM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Do you have any examples with clickable thumbnails? That's our preference here at The Famous Board.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

Looking at it after registering, (you HAVE to, to upload), this is what I see:

Free
    Maximum Storage - 100 Mb
    Maximum Pics Count - 100 images
    Storing Images - 3 months since last view
    Full-sized BB/HTML Codes - No
    Maximum Thumbnail Size - 300px
    Maximum Image Resolution - 3000x3000px
    Complaints Handling - Auto

Premium
    Maximum Storage - Up to Unlimited
    Maximum Pics Count - Unlimited
    Storing Images - Infinitely!
    Full-sized BB/HTML - Yes
    Maximum Thumbnail Size - 600px
    Maximum Image Resolution - 6000x6000px
    Complaints Handling - Manual

As most people won't pay to host their pictures, let alone register, the free option is very limited.
    For posters like me 100mb and/or 100 pictures would mean 5 or 6 posts before I reach that limit.

I also see no mention of how much a premium account is? If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Looking at it after registering, (you HAVE to, to upload), this is what I see:

Free
    Maximum Storage - 100 Mb
    Maximum Pics Count - 100 images
    Storing Images - 3 months since last view
    Full-sized BB/HTML Codes - No
    Maximum Thumbnail Size - 300px
    Maximum Image Resolution - 3000x3000px
    Complaints Handling - Auto

Premium
    Maximum Storage - Up to Unlimited
    Maximum Pics Count - Unlimited
    Storing Images - Infinitely!
    Full-sized BB/HTML - Yes
    Maximum Thumbnail Size - 600px
    Maximum Image Resolution - 6000x6000px
    Complaints Handling - Manual

As most people won't pay to host their pictures, let alone register, the free option is very limited.
    For posters like me 100mb and/or 100 pictures would mean 5 or 6 posts before I reach that limit.

I also see no mention of how much a premium account is? If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
    Yes, I have a premium. It costs $7 per month or $3,5 for 15 days (it's for uploaders only. other people didn't pay nothing to watch the pics). Picstate is @bu$e-resistible, so it's better pay for such a good storage then spend my time to changing deleted previews. Plus Famousboard has an absolutely strange rule that you can't edit you own post. So, we have a bunch of threads with dead links and previews
    Who wants a free storage - no problem. Imagetwist, imagebam etc.
    Picstate is ad-free host so I didn't know what's the problem to allow it there. All big forums (PS, PBB, FF and others) allowed it a few years ago
    Last edited by DangerDoom; August 19th, 2021 at 05:37 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    729 Posts

Sounds interesting, I don't mind allowing PicState.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PMFN1 For This Useful Post: DangerDoom
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts

"Storing Images - 3 months since last view" strikes me as a good reason for us to disallow picstate; we'd have endless bad links for older images from free accounts, or from premium accounts after the uploader cancels their premium membership. In contrast, imgbox is free and claims to retain images forever. These days I spend most of my time online deleting dead link posts and rehosting my own uploads that have gone bad.

Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last