Thread: Buffy' Blamed for Pagan Rise

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2,929 Posts

Buffy' Blamed for Pagan Rise

Hollywood actress Sarah Michelle Gellar's hit show "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" has been blamed for 50,000 women abandoning traditional Western religion to study paganism.

According to the recent British study published in "Women and Religion in the West," young women have taken an increased interest in practicing witchcraft after Gellar's hit went mainstream.

The study's author Dr. Kristin Aune says, "Because of its focus on female empowerment, young women are attracted by Wicca, popularized by the TV series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." In short, women are abandoning the church."

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    ya know, for the last several years i've been studying wicca & paganism. (i'm not a practiser). i've studied religion for years now. ppl have no idea how interwoven they all are. all of them can actually can be traced back to the ancient egyptian myster religion(s). i found it ironic how much christianity has demonized (literally) wicca & paganism especially in the last 3-4 centuries when a lot of christian (and by extension jewish) concepts, rituals, ideas, etc come from paganism & wicca. (and like i said, back to the ancient egyptian myster religion).

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Buffy' Blamed for Pagan Rise

Quote Originally Posted by vdat100
    Hollywood actress Sarah Michelle Gellar's hit show "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" has been blamed for 50,000 women abandoning traditional Western religion to study paganism.
    Power of the media...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,788 Posts
    Personally I always found Buffy.....uplifting

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Better not look too deeply into christmas or easter... two of the most important pagan festivals of the year (spring and winter solitice)... and as for halloween, don't get me started... the Sun rocks!

Pictures deleted as there is no need to have them twice ( http://www.famousboard.com/amateur-g...05.html#865901 ).
    Turtle.