Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: RapidShare ordered to remove copyrighted content

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You know I wouldn't mind rapidshare it there was some consistency.
    But the god damned place is up and down like a yo-yo. Why is it that I can download one file at 300kB/sec and the next is only 40 kB/sec? Upload one file at 40 and the next it only 2kB/sec.
    None of the other host seem to have this problem.
    That's what pisses me off about them. That and the 200MB file size. If I can upload a 1GB link and you can download it with one click, isn't that what people would much prefer rather than the pain in the ass 5 - 10 links from rapidshare?

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLegs
    You know I wouldn't mind rapidshare it there was some consistency.
    But the god damned place is up and down like a yo-yo. Why is it that I can download one file at 300kB/sec and the next is only 40 kB/sec? Upload one file at 40 and the next it only 2kB/sec.
    None of the other host seem to have this problem.
    That's what pisses me off about them. That and the 200MB file size. If I can upload a 1GB link and you can download it with one click, isn't that what people would much prefer rather than the pain in the ass 5 - 10 links from rapidshare?
    one reason for the "inconsistency" is cuz the mirrors are located in countries all over the world.

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Yeah I know and I always use the same mirrors. Mainly Cogent, TeliaSonera, and Level(3). All the other ones are really bad to download from where I'm located. But even those 3 being the best for me aren't very good.
    At least rapidshare got rid of those stupid dogs. lol

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLegs
    Yeah I know and I always use the same mirrors. Mainly Cogent, TeliaSonera, and Level(3). All the other ones are really bad to download from where I'm located. But even those 3 being the best for me aren't very good.
    At least rapidshare got rid of those stupid dogs. lol
    i think that they stopped using the "dogs" was cuz the captcha they were using was cracked.

i used to get great transfers with teleglobe #2 but now almost nothing gives even decent speeds prolly 98% of the time, in my experience.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    i've always hated rapidshare and all their different incarnations. the lates form only allows free users to download one file every 15 minutes no matter what size the file is. at least that's how it's working for me. the previous method allowed me to download one file at a time as well but as soon as one file finished downloading i could download the next right away.
    What doesn't kill you. Simply makes you STRANGER!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicus69
    i've always hated rapidshare and all their different incarnations. the lates form only allows free users to download one file every 15 minutes no matter what size the file is. at least that's how it's working for me. the previous method allowed me to download one file at a time as well but as soon as one file finished downloading i could download the next right away.
    yep you're right. i can't stand that either...
    i've been going through a thread downloading the archives in it, but they are all hosted on RS. the page is only about a dozen pages but it has taken me about a month to get through the thread cuz of this. if the archives were posted on something like megaupload or megarotic, i probably would have been done downloading the archives in a week.

don't get me wrong, i appreciate the fake that the content is available, i'm just not happy about the way i have to go about getting it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echoes
    don't get me wrong, i appreciate the fake that the content is available, i'm just not happy about the way i have to go about getting it...
    Ya get what ya pay for?

Simultaneous downloads and no Time-out between downloads is a privilege that comes with an entrance fee.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azsapphire387
    Quote Originally Posted by echoes
    Ya get what ya pay for?

Simultaneous downloads and no Time-out between downloads is a privilege that comes with an entrance fee.
    duh. what we're saying is that there are FAR better free alternatives.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    There my be better alternatives.......but RS is the one thats most popular and more importantly the one which most people use..........its a catch 22 situation people dont like RS but it is where the files are

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Yeah but it's way past it's prime and should have been put out to pasture more than a year ago.
    Thankfully people are switching. I've noticed even download sites that have rapidshare as part of their name are almost 50% or more now for links to places other than rapidshare.

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazo
    There my be better alternatives.......but RS is the one thats most popular and more importantly the one which most people use..........its a catch 22 situation people dont like RS but it is where the files are
    Most of the files are not there any more. They deleted tons of stuff and disabled members accounts, then committed commercial suicide by introducing new rules and regulations. So it goes, goodbye RS.
    "there is a thanks button somewhere"

Page 2 of 2 First 12