Thread: 'but all I wanted was a sausage.'"

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2,929 Posts

'but all I wanted was a sausage.'"

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (Dec. - A "nagging" wife who pushed her husband to buy a lottery ticket helped scoop the $4.2 million first prize — with only minutes to spare. My wife had been nagging me all week to get a ticket, so I when saw the Lotto sign ... I sprinted in to get the ticket before they closed," said the man, who asked not to be identified — normal practice among lottery winners in New Zealand .
    "I must have been their last customer of the night," he said, adding that the young married couple had had a "rough" couple of years, reduced to one income after having children.
    "I have never been so glad to listen to my wife's nagging," the man said Tuesday.
    He discovered their newly won fortune Sunday thanks to his wife's request for a barbecued sausage.
    Out shopping for bargains, the man said he didn't have enough money to buy his wife the sausage she'd asked him for. So he decided to check his Saturday lottery ticket in case he'd won a small prize.
    "I could not believe it when they said I was actually the big winner," he said.
    When he showed the printout to his wife, she initially thought they had won $4,200.
    "When she realized how much it really was, she fell to the floor, and then said: 'but all I wanted was a sausage.'"

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    Thats all I would like too ......................a sausage............unfortunately all pig meat has been withdrawn throughout the whole of Ireland in the last couple of days.............over some health issues................no rashers,ham or pudding

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    Hey, my family left a farm outside of Derry in 1836 to settle near Butler Bill close to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the U.S. I carry an Irish surname and am very proud of it.
    wow BB must be very old then...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Don't be harshing on my buddy Bill. He's a badass dude as a hunter and mountain biker and cook. He's way more bad than I can think about being!