Thread: posts being reduced

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

posts being reduced

Hi chaps I was just wondering why my total number of posts keeps dropping,are they being deleted?
    I know for a fact this time last week it was 1260 today it is down to 1255 before this post,anyone got any ideas
    your help would be much appreciated Cheers
    the night i was born the moon turned a fire red

credit to who made these

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    i don't know actual specifics in your case, only that i personally have not deleted any of your posts. but there are at least a few circumstances in which members' posts get deleted.

1. 'thanks' posts get deleted now since we have a 'thanks' button now.
    2. posts with dead links and/or no pics get deleted.

some times, depending on individual cases, i delete posts if they don't have anything of value in them. (like posts just saying thanks, or nice, things like that).

also, from time-to-time, posts or even whole threads just seem to disappear. we don't have a solid explanation for it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Echos has it exactly right...I've been deleting all "thank yous" more than a year old from the fakes forum.

"Thanks yous" tend to be left longer in the fakes forum than in the other forums to show appreciation for the fakir's "physical" work and artistic endevours...but they don't have to be there forever.

Nvrbrn...you are a big thanker (and thank YOU for that) over the years...unfortunately, your post count is going to suffer a bit during the cleaning. sorry.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sackett
    Echos has it exactly right...I've been deleting all "thank yous" more than a year old from the fakes forum.
    i delete ALL TYs and PM the member to inform them about the 'Thanks' button. i only leave a TY post if it contains other valid content, such as other comments/pics/links, etc.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    Fret not Nev.....you mad welsh fruitloop...........you made more than enough picture posts to keep you a very high post count....................more than can be said for about 55,000 other members here

amen ---sackett

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts

Re: posts being reduced

Quote Originally Posted by nevbrn
    As you might have seen by my previous posts I tend to do only Brits, but that mad Irish peatburner has beaten
    me to the punch on quite a few occasions
    Peatburner??? Gaz...are you going to let him get away with that???!!!???

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    Well unlike that welsh hippie I prefer to burn peat than shag sheep to keep warm.............

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazomg
    Well unlike that welsh hippie I prefer to burn peat than shag sheep to keep warm.............
    Owwww!!! Body blow!!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazomg
    the night i was born the moon turned a fire red

credit to who made these

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    my post count dropped by 50 recently! i wonder if another thread disappeared or if another mod deleted my posts they didn't tell me about it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    756 Posts
    Gentlemen; At various times I have dropped a total of almost 2500 posts give or take a few - for all kinds of reasons. Lineback has lost well over 1500 if my memory serves me correctly and Butler Bill has lost about 4000. Sadly, sometimes threads just seem to disappear. At other times models or sources are banned. But more often or not it is because one of the mods has started cleaning a thread to make it easier to navigate and to save space. There is no way of sending a PM every time a post gets dropped during every one of these proceedures. I already spend half of my natural life sending PM's to rule-breakers. It is correct to say that attaching pics or viable links to your post is the surest way to make sure that it survives - and attaching the pics rather than hosting them off-site makes it even more likely that your posts will survive.

We try to allow productive chat between members. But anyone would have to admit that two years later it has almost always lost its usefulness. When that happens it gets dumped. The thread that I am currently working on has gone from about 107 down to 93 for that very reason and will drop even further because I am only about half way through the thread. But in the end it will be better for all because what is left will be the real "meat" of the subject!

So get used to it - occasionally you are going to lose a post or more.
    "Puritanism is the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." - H.L. MENCKEN

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Well said as always, brother!