Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Locked Topic Information

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Locked Topic Information

at a certain number of pages...say 100. I say this because of the Pure Dee thread which is nearly at 100.
    If people quote pics it will soon exceed that number, and do people really want to go through 100 pages?
    I say make it a 25 page limit otherwise there will be too many duplicates being posted.
    This is just my opinion!

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Heres an idea, how bout you make it so people can see the pics but not download them before they join(like pay sites) since that seems to the biggest reason for duplicates. People not knowing what pics have already been posted.

But other then that I dont know what to do cept get more mods but I wouldn't lock any thread till like fifty pages.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Snotmerchant has a good idea. The same pictures get posted over and over again mostly by noobs.

Locking the threads wont be good though because the models are always releasing new sets.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    good points guys, but then a new thread could always be started, its just, do we all bother to check all the previous pages? ...NO. But would we if they were smaller threads?..YES

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,078 Posts
    Once people register, they can see the thumbs. They must post to be able to expand and download. They post duplicates because they just don't give a shit

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think one problem you would have if you had seperate threads for a girl is more dup posts because people wouldn't be looking at the extra already locked threads of the same girl. Going through three threads of 50 is the same as going through 150 pages either way, it just gives people another reason to say they "didn't know" when they post a dup.

They need to just look at the damn thumbnails when they register. That's enough for them to keep from posting dups.
    Sig removed. Turtle.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,078 Posts
    The non girl specefic threads will probably be deleted once a concencus is reached.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i say it's time to weed out the people who abuse this site so that those of us who do contribute often dont have to deal with all the lame post by these people.

take what I posted above about making it so you can see the pics and not download them and than make it like a 10 post min before you can download and that'll stop alot of these assholes.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    what about my earlier idea that, pics must first be approved by a mod , before the newbie is allowed to join(and it must be a new pic). That way they wont just upload any old pic so that they can join.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    That would be alot of pic-aproving for the mods to do.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

how about deleting threads too?

I've seen some threads where nobody has posted in them for over a month, hell I was just looking and the "Tina Cheri" thread hasnt had a new post since sep. 28th, thats a dead thread to me.

So maybe make it something like if a thread doesnt get any new post in a month it will be deleted.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    I've already been deleting threads that are over 90 days old with no pics
    or replies in them. Other threads remain only because they are worth keeping.

We are tring to keep new members from posting dupes and off topic pics
    and will evently start to require new members prove themselves before
    allowing them into certain forums.

Hopefully, this will stop alot of spamming and weed out the leachers!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Daddy
    I've already been deleting threads that are over 90 days old with no pics
    or replies in them. Other threads remain only because they are worth keeping.

We are tring to keep new members from posting dupes and off topic pics
    and will evently start to require new members prove themselves before
    allowing them into certain forums.

Hopefully, this will stop alot of spamming and weed out the leachers!
    good job =D>

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    1. Unregistered people can't see the thumbs/links. Registered users can see them, but can't download the attachments. Users with at least 1 post can see it all.
    2. Well there's a problem with those large topics. On one hand we want people to contribute, so punishing them or locking the topic would be the opposite of what we ask them. On the other hand those big topics are really hard to moderate and checking for duplicates is really hard for both the Mods and users that wanna post.
    Solution? The only idea I have now is not allowing newcomers to post in a topic that has for example more than 10 pages. I still would have to look for a phpbb mod which can make this work.
    3. Rising the limit from 1 post would only make the board get more junk posted by newbies in my opinion.
    4. The approval of pics would give mods too much work I think But we'll see.

Oh, and Sweet Daddy I don't think deleting old topics is a good idea, at least in the celebrity & celebrity fakes forums. Every celeb deserves a topic if someone created it already, even if there's only few posts in it

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Mike I am prepared to be a pic approver.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last