Thread: Editing photos

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Editing photos

Are we allowed to paint over or white out name of website if written of fakes. Thanks

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    No barbro, that is not allowed. The fake has a site logo for two reasons

1. They are a guild or brotherhood, and that site logo is a stamp of recognition.
    2. The site "stole" the fake for their own purposes.

If it's #1, the rule for the Celebrity Fake forum applies....only the creators of fakes may alter their fakes If it's rule #2, the fake has already been compromised to the point where it's not allowed on our site, so compromising it further doesn't make it better.

That's why you'll never see a "FamousBoard" logo on the fakes on this board. We aren't stealing from the fakirs, we're honoring and archiving their work in as close to original form as possible. For the most part. Covering up something like "cfake.com" or "BSNUDE.com" detracts from that mission statement. As does cropping out anything that makes it hardcore.

There are a lot of Celebrity Fake archives out there...I think we are rapidly becoming one of the best, simply because of our dedication to quality fakes. And the friendly moderators.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sackett
    That's why you'll never see a "FamousBoard" logo on the fakes on this board.

not entirely true

http://www.famousboard.com/gates-mcf...60.html#581457

There are a lot of Celebrity Fake archives out there...I think we are rapidly becoming one of the best, simply because of our dedication to quality fakes. And the friendly moderators.
    I reckon it is THE best..........not just in the number of pics... but in terms of quality.If a better archieve board exists I certainly have not found it

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazomg
    That's why you'll never see a "FamousBoard" logo on the fakes on this board.

not entirely true

http://www.famousboard.com/gates-mcf...60.html#581457
    I had forgotten that. But, you put that there...as opposed to we moderators putting it on every fake in the archive.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,796 Posts
    I have a v. large collection of fakes (over 6000 of SMG)
    Most of them have been garnered from European sites and carry no ident whatsoever.
    Its obvious that the siggie has been removed.
    Would members prefer that no such fakes be published ?

As a general rule....

The older the fake, or the more "foreign" or non-American, the more leeway it gets. We would rather have a fake made in the 1990s that is half the size, or half the resolution, of the original rather than no copy at all. Same with the editted names. So many of these older fakes are garnered from old sites that used to crop and mangle fakes for their own purposes...but they are the only copies about. There's no excuse for that in fakes created in the last 10 years or so. Same way with "foreign" fakes. We would rather have a cropped fake from someone in Italy than no fake from Italy.

It's gotta be all about the respect to the artists. Spike, you have all those foreign fakes that have been cropped. We have (relatively) few fakes here that are not American-made. More every day, but still.... My stance would be that they would be welcome if they are close to their original size and resolution because we don't have many fakes from Europe that aren't part of American Guilds or Brotherhoods. But if they are changed too much from beyond their original posting(especially if they are BIGGER than the fakir intended) I'd say the fakir is being used and insulted, and we should not carry it.

But you gotta be careful that those European sites aren't carrying mangled copies of "American" fakes, because we more than likely have the original all ready right here on our site!

I think what makes this board great is that it's about quality. Quality means one of two things....fakes of the best size/resolution...and fakes that no one else has. And both of those things come from one root...caring about who created the fakes and giving them their due. Whether that due is by identifying the fakir...or holding a fakir's piece of work for admiration even though the fakir himself has been forgotten.

Wow...the view is quite nice from up here on a soapbox. ---sackett