Thread: Question: Bad form to steal BodyShots?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question: Bad form to steal BodyShots?

Hi - new to fakes here, and the forum. Question - is it bad form to steal a body shot from another fake? I found a BS for a fake I've been wanting to do, but it was used in another fake. I know I personally don't like to see re-use that much (either the same HS or BS over and over and over again), but wanted to get people's thoughts on the etiquette in this situation.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Over the years i've seen a lot of fakes using particular bodyshots that have been used over and over.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    855 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan
    Over the years i've seen a lot of fakes using particular bodyshots that have been used over and over.
    Tis true. If someone uses a particular BS to do a fake of Sally Barrett, one may not even know of her existance and never looked at fakes of her. So yes, they may inadvertantly end up using the same BS. Heck, there is one well known Playboy centerfold used by a LOT of various fakirs that used the same BS all for their own version of the same actress...Jeri Ryan.

BTW: Sally Barrett is a fictional name.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    1,433 Posts
    If you are referring to altering a fakirs work to change the celeb in question......the answer is technically NO...however it is something I would not do.

I have seen some excellent fakes and loved the bodyshot....so often I would ask the said fakir about the BS he used so I might use the same......but to rework a fake belonging to somebody else is not right....and then there is the problem of logo/ tags etc........plus a fakir may have added some work to the whole image which makes it noticable right away.

There is one particular fake site...which is banned of here has literally hundreds of shit fakes that some no good lazy bastard decided to alter...while leaving some noticable traces of the original fakirs work on it......to me that is wrong.........even some of my own work has ended up with terrible paste jobs over the heads....with the background I added still remaining

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    one huge reason not to use recycle bodyshots used in a fake is because jpeg is a lossy format, meaning with each save the quality degrades further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossy_c...ersus_lossless

saving in PNG format avoids this problem.