Check out Adult FriendFinder, the easiest way to meet single people in your area.
Find hot adventurous women now!

Thread: Emma Watson calls in lawyers after nude images hit the net

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Emma Watson calls in lawyers after nude images hit the net

Harry Potter star Emma Watson is threatening legal action after nude pictures of her were found being circulated on the Internet.

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Emma - who is currently studying at the prestigious Brown University in America - was forced to call in her lawyers yesterday after hearing the news.

But her representatives have been quick to brand the saucy snaps as fake, insisting the images had been digitally altered in Photoshop.

‘If you look at it you will see that the head is marginally too big for the body,' Emma's spokesperson told the Sun.

‘The angle of the face is physically impossible with the body in that position.'

But lovely Ms Watson could still be forced to take legal action to stop the images from being circulated online.

Emma has been working hard at college, staying out of the media spotlight in recent months to concentrate on her studies.

But she has spoken out about her ‘awful' freshman week at university, admitting she was nervous about how people would react to her.

‘I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both a career and a normal life. People would think that I didn't deserve to have both,' Emma said in a recent interview.

‘I was afraid they'd think, you're famous, you're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?'

But she seems to have settled in just fine.

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/ce...t-the-net.html

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Fake nude images of Emma Watson circulating the net? Bloody hell, I'd never have expected that in a ... well ten seconds at least :P Wonder what sort of websites would do such a revolting and henious act? I can't think of any, can you

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    7,838 Posts
    I guess we are all in trouble. Better head for the hills!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Does anybody know of which particular image she's upset about?

Later: Nevermind.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My thing is why is she just now bringing Lawyers into it, especially since all of the "full nude" ones of her i've seen were fake (and very BADLY done at that). However, if there were legit nude pics of her (is she over 18?) going around then yeah i could see the Lawyers being called in
    ~MEOW~

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Naked Truth about Emma pics

HARRY Potter star EMMA WATSON called in her lawyers yesterday after a "nude image" of her hit the net.
    I had a long hard look at it and it seemed pretty genuine to me.

But Emma's representatives were quick to brand it a fake.

A bit too quick to investigate the possiblity of invisibility cloaks, if you ask me.

Her people said it was down to computer wizardry. Do they teach that at Hogwarts?

Her spokesman told me: "If you look at it you will see that the head is marginally too big for the body (but clearly too big!) and the angle of the face is physically impossible with the body in that position."

I never knew publicists were experts in Photoshop.

Emma - Hermione Granger in the magical movie series - is a favourite subject for all the naughty picture manipulators, according to her people.

Seedy types have flooded t'internet with tricked-up pics of her.

That Ron Weasley should find something more constructive to do with his time.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0ntY6doZz

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skiddkidd
    My thing is why is she just now bringing Lawyers into it, especially since all of the "full nude" ones of her i've seen were fake (and very BADLY done at that). However, if there were legit nude pics of her (is she over 18?) going around then yeah i could see the Lawyers being called in
    I don't understand why she'd call in the lawyers now, when there have been "legal" fakes of her around since her 18th birthday and she's 20 now.

So yeah, unless the "Fakes" they've reffered to weren't fakes?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mister t
    I don't understand why she'd call in the lawyers now, when there have been "legal" fakes of her around since her 18th birthday and she's 20 now.

Well, there's "Nude" then there is Nip Slips and unfortunate choice in panties, but to my knowledge there aren't any "Full Nude" ones with her, well "Legit" ones anyways
    ~MEOW~

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mister t

, well her lawyers want to have a look at ebay the f***ers there are selling fakes and ebay will not do a thing about it.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Ah you mean these eBay items

*** Link removed. Host not allowed ***

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    710 Posts
    I ran across this item that may explain why they took action now. It seems it may not have been "'legal' fakes" (to borrow a phrase from mister t) that were the concern.

From JoBlo.com:

"A few months back, some dude thought he could be so clever by photoshopping the face of Emma Watson into another chick's naked body, so this being the internet, more than a few people didn't question the veracity of the photo but of course not a second later Watson's representative dismissed the photos as bein the real deal (I imagine that he probably presented a powerpoint presentation with Watson's real naked body in order to make some comparissons, i usually like to imagine such situations).

The ordeal could have ended right there if it weren't for the fact that the real owner of Emma's fake body was underage. Now, John Cavanagh, the fraudulent dude with the photoshopping skills, is facing jail time after pleading guilty to19 counts of making an indecent image of a child. He was later told by Judge Anthony Hammond "Miss Watson will be very distressed to learn what you have been doing." The Judge later added that he has also enraged millions of internauts and Harry Potter male fans for getting their hopes (and other things) up."

Here's a link to the story but it's quoted in it's entirety above - http://www..joblo.com/moviehotties/index.php?id=8038

And there is this from the Manchester Evening News:

A judge has told how Harry Potter star Emma Watson must be 'very distressed' after a court heard how her head was superimposed onto indecent images of children.

John Cavanagh, 39, was found to have more than 1,200 indecent images of children when police seized two computers and DVDs from his home in Creswell Grove, Didsbury.

In addition there were 2,000 legal images of Miss Watson – but eight of these had been altered to 'pseudonym' images portraying her in an indecent manner where he put her head on the naked body of a child.

At Manchester Crown Court Judge Anthony Hammond adjourned sentencing for two weeks to enable Cavanagh, who is now living in Wigan, to get legal representation.

He also ordered him to continue to report to a local police station sign the Sex Offenders' Register.

Mr Cavanagh has sacked his legal team.

Judge Hammond told the court: “Miss Watson will be very distressed to learn what you have been doing.

“I do think he needs some sensible advice. You can't deal with offences of this sort without representation.

“You seem to have persuaded yourself that you are going to prison for ever. I don't know why. We have got to look at this case a bit more sensibly.”

He told Cavanagh: “Go away and think sensibly about these matters. Don't go down loading or making any images.

Cavanagh, who is unemployed, pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Manchester magistrates' court to 19 counts of making an indecent photograph/pseudo photograph of a child.

All of the indecent images are level one or two. The most serious category used to rank indecent images of children is five.

A police investigation was launched after two officers were called to evict Cavanagh from his privately-rented flat in Didsbury.

Bailiffs called police to help them. Cavanagh was removed from the flat after a struggle and arrested for a breach of the peace.

While still in his flat, despite the presence of police, Cavanagh continued to use his computer and officers saw images of children.

Police found hundreds of DVDs. Fifteen with suspicious titles were checked and 11 of them contained indecent images."

The bold print is my addition and didn't appear in the original article. The link to this story, quoted in it's entirety above, and a picture of the culprit is http://menmedia.co.uk/news/crime/s/1..._star_pictures

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Blimey, no wonder she's so upset. The mods on most forums are vigilant about age where fakes of celebrities are concerned and rightly so; but sadly, there will always be freaks and sickos who make stuff like that.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Katherine Heigl would probably call the laywers as well if she knew that there was at least one fake using an underage headshot, looks like the age she was when she was in 'My Father, The Hero'. The picture is hardcore so it wouldn't have been allowed on the board anyway.
    Someone is always counting