Thread: Megaupload

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Megaupload

Hi, is anyone else having problems with the Megaupload counting system?

For the last 1,5 weeks now my point count has remained at exactly 12271, in spite of more than 2500 downloads.
    I have sent then a total of 6 emails explaining the problem and asking their technical staff to look into the issue.
    So far I have had two general replies, restating their rules for the counting system.

Basically they are:
    - the uploader gets 1 point for every download, per IP address, per day;
    - the download must be completed and must not exceed the downloaders quota;
    - only files under 100 MB count;
    - downloads from some countries (by IP) like Russia are excempt from the system;
    - ISP's using one IP for different users will only be counted as 1 download.

So I know all this. It is in their FAQ.

So I uploaded a file on Monday 21-03-2011 in a thread that only has updates every 2-3 days. It was 64,79 MB, so elligible. Since uploading it has been downloaded 605 times. Let us say some connections were lost, some downloads were not completed, some were from shared IP's and some of the downloads were from Russia etc. 50% failure? OK, if you say so. So there should be 300 points. And guess what? .. there were ZERO. And that is only one file.. there were many more.

Instead of addressing the main issue, this is what they said:

Dear Michael,

Our sincerest apologies! Please note that in regards to your Rewards inquiries, we have indeed replied to your emails since 2010-10-27. You may want to check your emails, including spam folders for our replies.

Please note that we only count one IP per download per day. If a guest or member downloaded one of your files or all of your files using the same IP address and also came from a country or territory that qualifies for the program ( *** Link removed. Host not allowed *** ), only one reward point is being credited to your account. It is also important to note that ISPs which uses a shared IP for their service may also affect your number of downloads.

Also, rewards point crediting undergo a verification process to check if the downloads indeed qualifies our rewards program criteria. Remember that the number of downloads made per file does not automatically equals the number of reward points. If files were downloaded but the downloader did not finish the download (due to disconnection or the customer exceed the allowed downloads for the day for free users) you will only get a fraction of a point for the unfinished download or view.

Thank you for using Megaupload!

Sincerely,

My question is: Is anyone else having this problem with Megaupload?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and even more thanks for replying

M.
    "there is a thanks button somewhere"

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    this happens to be from time to time and then in about a week or so it will correct itself.same with files the web site doesn't how all your files,(or dose not update new files i upload)....so to answer your question yes i do ...and i got no where in trying to figure out why that dose this..