Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Thread: WEB-HOSTING AND LINKS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    come on bill, bite the bullet and learn to use winrar......or you could just bite the bullet.
    Everybody smiles in Snotsville.....OR ELSE!!!

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    No, no Horsty! Big mistake! We have a saying in the U.S. that may have come from Europe - "Don't poke the bear!" You may have also heard of "Let sleeping dogs lie" although I'm not sure when BB sleeps. As a kid growing up on the very windy plains of West Texas, I quickly learned "Don't pee into the wind". My favorite came from college in Austin - "Don't whiz (pee) on the electric fence!" Do you understand the point I'm making here, buddy? I understand BB's point that he's wasted all the time he's going to on WinRAR and I respect him on that. When I had to switch operating systems from the very logical and consistent VMS of Digital Equipment to Unix I was frustrated for months trying to make progress. When the command an admin uses most is ps -aux|grep (fill in the process you're looking for) to find if a job or login has died you know you're in trouble! Unix was written at Berkley by geeks who wanted commands nobody could figure out to pay people back for all the wedgies they went through in school. Grep is like the Search function on this board - the name stands for "global regular expression". Really intuitive, right. Another favorite was "yacc" - "yet another compiler-compiler" - a command that compiled a C language compiler. Really easy, eh. After learning six differing versions of Unix, WinRAR is a walk in the park to me. BB just wants to concentrate on what he does best. But please, Horsty, don't poke the bear!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Since you never use smilies lineback, I can only guess that this was a friendly meant remark that I shouldn't disturb or fool Bill with something he is not able to handle with.

But, you know, teasing other people makes sooo much fun...

But don't worry, as already discussed with Bill over p.m., he knows that I/we only make fun and he takes it with humor.

And Bill is together with another one my fav mod! [-o<

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by xaraan
    Is zip any better?

If I have to learn to use one, might as well be the better one.
    Learn them both! You don't want to get left behind! WinRar can open zip files too. They're both easy to use and you won't forget how to use one by learning the other!
    Dinosaurs did indeed go extinct *** Dead Image$hack Link *** But they ruled the WORLD for a hell of a long time before they did *** Dead Image$hack Link ***
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Yeah, I was joking about you writing that ode to WinRAR to tease BB. I started disliking smilies when they first came out years ago, made out of puctuation marks, before there were GUI operating systems so I don't use them here. I do think some of th animated ones are pretty clever - especially BBs vomiting guy. As I told BB, I'm downloading the high-res Salma Hayek pics xaraan posted on an image host. Most are over 1MB.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butler bill
    Is zip any better?

Learn them both! You don't want to get left behind! WinRar can open zip files too. They're both easy to use and you won't forget how to use one by learning the other!
    Dinosaurs did indeed go extinct *** Dead Image$hack Link *** But they ruled the WORLD for a hell of a long time before they did *** Dead Image$hack Link ***
    And now we pump them into our cars to drive to the museum and look at their fossilized bones! I'll bet that the clock on your Beta VCR still flashes 12:00! Don't worry Bill, we'll drag you kicking and screaming into the future!
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    hey lineback
    I'm gonna post a bunch of HQs on the Catherine Bell thread if you can do the same thing you are doing for Salma
    after this
    I'll figure out how to do zip and rar.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lineback
    I do think some of th animated ones are pretty clever - especially BBs vomiting guy.
    Yeah, this smilie is so cool!

Winrar Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back!"

*** Dead Image$hack Link ***
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butler bill
    Is zip any better?

And now we pump them into our cars to drive to the museum and look at their fossilized bones! I'll bet that the clock on your Beta VCR still flashes 12:00! Don't worry Bill, we'll drag you kicking and screaming into the future!
    I like that GR! I was born in northern Wyoming instead of Texas because of the gypsy nature of the oil business but I'm the fourth generation so it's in my blood.
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    hey lineback
    I'm gonna post a bunch of HQs on the Catherine Bell thread if you can do the same thing you are doing for Salma
    after this
    I'll figure out how to do zip and rar.

I'll be glad to do it. JAG was a good show but she's the main reason I watched every week. I've seen most of those pictures but not in that resolution. My posting will slow down for a bit as I'm going home to West Texas Friday for a week with my Dad and I have packing and things to get done before I go. My ten pound laptop will go with me of course but during the day I'll have to walk files to my Dad's computer using my Lexar Jump Drive Trio and the 512MB SD card. Late at night I'll be stuck using a 20K or less dialup. It really makes me respect the people here who do a lot of posting on a dialup. That would make Firefox's Tabbed Browsing essential. Tonight I'll send you a PM with my WinRAR download instructions and I'll put together how I upload with it. Hey, for once in my life I can say "I've done it a thousand times..." and be right. I've helped around seven people fix their problems opening downloads and uploading is way easier. I get a lot of satisfaction out of fixing problems and helping people and solving WinRAR problems does both. If being always able to view high-res pics of Catherine Bell doesn't improve a person's quailty of life then they're beyond help.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I got your PMs lineback, and thank you! It looks like it makes sense to me, so I'll probably be trying it soon on some high res pics and see how my luck goes. \/

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    geez, did this thread get way off topic or what?

what happend to all the fun talk about killing butler bill and blowing up his computer?
    Everybody smiles in Snotsville.....OR ELSE!!!

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kill Bill ? ( )
    *** Dead Image$hack Link *** Posts way too many good vids !*** Dead Image$hack Link ***

BUTLER BILL
    *** Dead Image$hack Link ***
    Lord of the 'BAND'
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Wait.
    So now we are not supposed to upload pics to the site if we can avoid it?
    We should use image$hack to link them out?

And if so, none of my Catherine Bell pic links showed up when I viewed that page a bit ago. Could have been a weird thing and will show up now, I'll check again.
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Wait.
    So now we are not supposed to upload pics to the site if we can avoid it?
    We should use image$hack to link them out?

And if so, none of my Catherine Bell pic links showed up when I viewed that page a bit ago. Could have been a weird thing and will show up now, I'll check again.
    No, the number of attachments has been reduced from 4 to 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    The limit for attachments per post is now set to 2.
    The links in the "Catherine Bell" topic seem to be working now, so maybe it was only a glitch.
    Last edited by Turtle; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:55 AM.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last