Thread: Number of posts --> Number of attatchments

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Number of posts --> Number of attatchments

I didn't know where to put this, but it seems like the right-ish sort of place to say this.

Anyways, I have a suggestion.
    Next to each thread, number of posts is shown. Sometimes this can be misleading in the pic post forums.

For example, it says 10 posts but only 2 of those posts have attachments, and each of them has only 1 pic.
    So, 10 posts = 2 pics

On the flip side a thread may have only 5 posts, but each post may have 5 attachments.
    So, 5 posts = 25 pics

So, my suggestion is to have an extra column for "number of attachments" or "number of pics"

I'm not sure how your database is set up or what mods are installed on the forum, but I'm sure this would be possible.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Actually, I think it's a very good idea. I'll pass your suggestion onto the Admin. Nice thinking

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    seems like a reasonable idea but how do you account for someone who posts a link to an archived file containing 100 or more pics.
    "be water my friend"

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts
    You don't. This whole thing most likely won't be implemented, but if it ever does come to pass, I doubt that linking to a website with 200 pics would be a 200 pic credit. It most likely would be for pics that you actually uploaded using the attachment upload button. I'm pretty sure that there isn't even a mechanism to determine pic counts that are not done that way.

Case in point. If you go to your viewing profile and click the "User Attachment Control Panel", you can find out how many pics that you've uploaded, but it only keeps track of the ones that you've actually uploaded. I for example, have uploaded 22,052 pics at this moment. However, I have posted at least a few hundred others by posting clicky thumbs that are hosted by places like Imageshack, Dumparump, etc. Those pics posted that are not directly uploaded using the board's attachment upload will not show on your pic count.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Heh, I forgot I even posted this - but thanks for taking the idea into account.

I wouldn't blame the admin for not implementing it though, cos I know how tedious modding a board can be.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Gryphondo said, "If you go to your viewing profile and click the "User Attachment Control Panel", you can find out how many pics that you've uploaded, but it only keeps track of the ones that you've actually uploaded. I for example, have uploaded 22,052 pics at this moment."

Where exactly is this Control Panel? I clicked on Profile at the top and the only thing that came up was my current post count. This sounded interesting and I wondered how many pics I'd contributed.
    Sig pic gone.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy
    Gryphondo said, "If you go to your viewing profile and click the "User Attachment Control Panel", you can find out how many pics that you've uploaded, but it only keeps track of the ones that you've actually uploaded. I for example, have uploaded 22,052 pics at this moment."

Where exactly is this Control Panel? I clicked on Profile at the top and the only thing that came up was my current post count. This sounded interesting and I wondered how many pics I'd contributed.
    Click your username on any of your posts. A window will open up that will display your number of posts, date of membership, etc. At the bottom right of the window you'll see a "User Attachment Control Panel". Click it. Another window will open. Scroll down to the bottom right corner of the page and you'll see how many pages of pics that you've posted. Click the last page and scroll down the end of the page to see your total pic count.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Wow! Now that was easy! Looks like I've not been here quite a year yet. I've got 126 posts and contributed 322 pics. Not too shabby. I'll strive for quality over quantity any day. I've learned a lot and tried to share that as well.

The ease in contributing straight from the hard drive and the ability to view all your past posts at a glance is very user-friendly. I also like how content doesn't just disappear after a month or so, as on other boards.

Thanks again for all the good work!
    Sig pic gone.