Thread: Right-click save disabled, how to go 'round it?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Right-click save disabled, how to go 'round it?

A technical question. You stumble on some new scans of a favorite girl. Sometimes the message "right-clicking disabled" or similar messages will appear, this last time just nothing happened at all. I was able to click on the pics and enlarge them, and in my quest to save them hit "File" then "Save." I saved them fine and dandy, problem is, they are in separate "sidesearch files" that are made up of 4 files or more. Clicking on "big-htm" that contains a 21 KB file (AOL HTML document) opens the entire page with the picture displayed full-size. Hey that's good for me, although at present these numerous files along with some mirror ones separate from all these, need to be maintained "as is" on my computer.

Any attempts to rename or edit throws me into Microsoft Word and it's just a big mess. In fact, renaming alone sends up warning signs. Are there any ways around this? I'd like to share some of these on forums etc., and that ain't 'gonna happen right now.

I've learned and shared so much technical stuff here at the DB it was the obvious place to ask for help/advice!
    Sig pic gone.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I use a free program called Capture to take a picture of the screne, then I edit it with paint. That is REALLY easy

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All of those "no right click" things are pretty easily bypassed.
    Some of the solutions would depend on what browser and operating system you're using.
    For example, you can often just use the image toolbar in Internet Explorer and hover over the image, then click the save icon.
    If you don't have it turned on, just go to the browser toolbar and click Tools, Internet Options, then the Advanced tab, then scroll down about half way and check the box for Enable Image Toolbar.
    Though I believe some sites are sneaky and can disable the image toolbar.

You could also disable javascript for that site by various means and the script(s) wouldn't function.

And some sites set the image as a background on a page, rather than putting the image on a page with a blank background, and the image toolbar won't save backgrounds, so it wouldn't work in that case.
    But you could probably click View on the toolbar, then Source and get the image url from the source code and paste it in the address bar, but some sites are sneaky and hide the real url of the image.

If you're using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, which is probably a good idea, though I'm considering checking out Opera after seeing that other thread in here about how good it is for downloading images, you'd have a few other options.
    For example, if they do the thing where they make the image a background, you can right-click and choose View Background Image, then right-click and save.
    Or, if they have the stupid no right click script as well, disable scripts for that site first.

Here's some more stuff that might be helpful:

http://javascript.about.com/library/blnoright.htm
    http://www.codehouse.com/javascript/...no_right_click

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Sholibhak had several good suggestions. What I do in Firefox is click Tools/Page Info/Media and it will list all the images on the page. Click on the one you want and it will display in the preview window and click Save As.
    Repeat as necessary.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    if the picture is smaller than your desktop size, press the printscreen button, open up image editor (paint, Photoshop, etc) of your choice, and save to whatever name is approriate, other than that, i'm not so sure...
    Live without Dead Time.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Forgot about that one - learned that from TechTV around six years ago.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thanks for all the input. I think what I'm about to test may be satisfactory enough for me. Like I said, all those separate files are a pain. Even when clicking on the.jpg I want it literally has to fire up AOL because it's a HTML document, anyway, I've stuck some regular old glossy photo paper in the copier and will attempt to copy the entire page. Then I think I should least have a separate image I can throw into Paint and crop off.

We're not talking pristine copies needed to enter a scanner-of-the-year contest or anything, just something that'll work!

I'll hopefully post the results here when I'm done.
    Sig pic gone.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wow.
    Printing, scanning, shrinking, copying?
    I was confused before, but now I'm bewildered.
    Thanks for the pics though.
    She's cute.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sorry about the confusion. I took this question to another site I frequent (guys get very technical over ther for a babe forum) and suggestions given confused me. Something about right-clicking, bookmarking javascripts, etc. Finally it seemed the guy was telling me bookmarking was like saving a page to your favorites, etc. True enough, but I already was successful getting the info into my computer, which setting a favorite wouldn't do. What I had was all a jumbled mess!

Well, over there things practically came to blows 'cause I didn't know what they were suggesting, and I had the gumption to seek out a solution on my own. I was happy with the results and I swear they didn't even bother to click on the damn pictures. I even had to go thru ImageVenue just so I could post them!

As a little test I went to Paint and opened up those poopy files before I gladly got rid of them. I attempted to open up what I'd saved to edit and all that came up were numerous super-small thumbnails that appeared elsewhere on the page! No large picture file at all! Like I said, once the thing turned into a HTML document I think it was a totally different animal..impossible to tame.

Anyway sholibhak, thanks for the thanks, that's a heck of a lot more than I got "over there."
    Sig pic gone.

East Side, West Side, All Around The Town.
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Go Ask Alice

Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy
    She's none other than Yuko Ogura...
    Not that this is directly connected to the issue at hand, but do you know if she is related to Alice Ogura?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Mr. B,

I probably know know as much/little as you do. I'd say there definitely is a family resemblance and the few pics I have are rather exciting 'cause she definitely "drops trou'" so to speak. That reminds me, maybe I'll have to go hunting for some more Alice pics myself...

As for the "issue at hand" I'd be more than happy if the thing had never turned into an issue. If anything it's another way to save caps when problems occur. It seemed to work for me anyway.

p.s. I was busy going thru the several Sweet Nika rars I saved from your past sharing and have more to go and noticed you've contributed another new one in her thread. Thanks so much for these, as well as Kamilla, etc., etc.

Nice Christmas presents indeed! \/
    Sig pic gone.