Thread: Downloading Protected Quicktime or Realplayer Vids

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Downloading Protected Quicktime or Realplayer Vids

Does anybody know how to download protected content in quicktime or realplayer? I have a windows media recorder, but haven't found a similar thing for either of those. Any help is appreciated.

[-o<

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    6,077 Posts
    Do you mean saving STREAMING vids to your computer?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butler bill
    No, more like secure files. Technically they aren't streaming, once downloaded they don't give you the option to "save as"

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phatjoe88
    No, more like secure files. Technically they aren't streaming, once downloaded they don't give you the option to "save as"
    well once you view the video, it's stored in your temp internet folder. in most cases the files or videos are then gone once you shut your pc off. other times the files or vids don't show up right away on your first search. don't know why. but that happens to me. i'll try later and they'll show up.

search your temporary internet files. on windows click start on the lower left hand corner and then click on search. click on all files and folders then on the next options click on more advanced options. then check on hidden folders and such. on the all or part of the file name type "temporary internet file" and then wait for the pc to finish doing the search. you might get two to three files. it's usually the last one. open it and search for the video you are looking for. they're usually found by just clicking on the options there. but be very careful not to accidently erase certain things in there, such as cookies. just drag the video you want to a folder you want it in and there you go.

that's the only way i could explain it.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicus69
    Quote Originally Posted by phatjoe88
    well once you view the video, it's stored in your temp internet folder. in most cases the files or videos are then gone once you shut your pc off. other times the files or vids don't show up right away on your first search. don't know why. but that happens to me. i'll try later and they'll show up.

search your temporary internet files. on windows click start on the lower left hand corner and then click on search. click on all files and folders then on the next options click on more advanced options. then check on hidden folders and such. on the all or part of the file name type "temporary internet file" and then wait for the pc to finish doing the search. you might get two to three files. it's usually the last one. open it and search for the video you are looking for. they're usually found by just clicking on the options there. but be very careful not to accidently erase certain things in there, such as cookies. just drag the video you want to a folder you want it in and there you go.

that's the only way i could explain it.
    Thanks, Don't know why I didn't think of that myself

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    With 98SE, mine end up in C:\Windows\Temp\plugins for QT and RP. Windows Media Player files end up in C:\Windows\Temp.