Thread: quick question

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

quick question

wonderin if its me or is imagebam havin issues still i click on an image and right away i get a pop up sayin my pc is infected and this is on every image iv click on
    Signature not found

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    14,280 Posts

Re: quick question

I'm using Firefox, and I turn off pop-ups (first check box under Options/Content). I don't have the problem you're referring to even when I tried temporarily re-enabling pop-ups, but then I also have other safeguards like Adblock Plus.
    Click on Thanks (below left) if you like this post.
    ImageBam and other hosts lose files over time. If you notice missing images in any of my posts, please send me a PM.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

the pop up that i got hit the most on imagebam was one called help pc support 365 witch is Obviously a fake warning sayin that my pc was infected
    Signature not found

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Imagebam needs to get their crap together. They've said they knew about this and fixed it, I believe they did. But they need to make sure it doesn't keep coming back again.

It hasn't happened to me anymore but I'm seeing on a bunch of people on other sites saying that it is happening to them. It sometimes makes it's way through popup blockers and AdBlock Plus so that's not 100% going to keep you safe. It seems to be more of a page redirection than a popup but both do happen.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    18,460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmada View Post
    Imagebam needs to get their crap together. They've said they knew about this and fixed it, I believe they did. But they need to make sure it doesn't keep coming back again.

It hasn't happened to me anymore but I'm seeing on a bunch of people on other sites saying that it is happening to them. It sometimes makes it's way through popup blockers and AdBlock Plus so that's not 100% going to keep you safe. It seems to be more of a page redirection than a popup but both do happen.
    They need to be more selective on the ads they accept and start vetting them. If their users stop using imagebam because of it, they will cease to exist.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

whats odd tho is everytime i get hit with one them scam pop ups they auto installs a trojan called trojan.msil.injector.A
    Signature not found