Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: A.I. Fakes discussion

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

A.I. Fakes discussion

Not even fakes at this point. Just mostly AI generated pics, like on other threads. This place has lost part of its soul.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PBandJordy For This Useful Post:: Roman, warren5150
  3. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Emma Watson

Agreed, it's kind of sad. Personally I can't stand AI images.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OTK4her For This Useful Post:: Roman, warren5150
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Case in point. No feeling, just a bunch of AI generated pictures that vaguely look like her. "Fakes" are a quickly dying art.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PBandJordy View Post
    Case in point. No feeling, just a bunch of AI generated pictures that vaguely look like her. "Fakes" are a quickly dying art.
    Dude, there's no need to insult people. I train all my Stable Diffusion models which takes time and effort. If you don't like AI images, that's fine. Just keep it to yourself.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talionic For This Useful Post:: jadeeyes7769, Xtant
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I just said there's nothing to feel from AI generated pictures. If anyone's insulted, that's on them.
    I just don't wanna see a forum (primarily for celebrity fakes) become overrun by AI images.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PBandJordy For This Useful Post: warren5150
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

This is a fakes forum and AI images are fakes. Insulting creators is not the way to go. Especially when you're not adding anything of your own. But since you have such high standard that we can't possibly meet. How about you post some of your pics? I want to see what you consider real art.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Talionic For This Useful Post: Xtant
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Have to say, it's bold to call yourself a "creator". Considering it's basically just AI generating those images for you, wouldn't that make AI the "creator", not you?

I don't make fakes, nor do I have a "high standard".
    But I don't have to be a faker to find it concerning that actual fakers are being pushed further away by the infestation of AI pictures on here.
    (Not just from you, in case ya think I'm personally "insulting" you.)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    1 Post

I appreciate the effort but I'm not really into any AI fakes. Maybe there could be a sub thread for those?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PBandJordy View Post
    Have to say, it's bold to call yourself a "creator". Considering it's basically just AI generating those images for you, wouldn't that make AI the "creator", not you?

I don't make fakes, nor do I have a "high standard".
    But I don't have to be a faker to find it concerning that actual fakers are being pushed further away by the infestation of AI pictures on here.
    (Not just from you, in case ya think I'm personally "insulting" you.)
    Yes. I'm creating the models that generate the images. I'm also using and adjusting specific prompts to create them. So I'd say that makes me a creator. It's funny that there's snobs in this community that look down on AI generation. To me AI is just another tool to create fakes. Just like cutting and pasting heads in photoshop. If you think that's the only real art here, fine. A lot of that stuff looks terrible too, but I don't generalize and say it all sucks. I'm not even sure what your beef is. If you don't like what you see just skip the post like I do. I think there's plenty of room for everyone's stuff. I can care less if it's made in photoshop or AI generated as long as it's good.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Talionic For This Useful Post: Xtant
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

If I may join in - I find two problems with most AI fakes, and, I'm sorry, they do apply to much of your work, Talionic (a) they are just poses, without showing any kind of action by the faked person (b) they very frequently show the faked person too young - sometimes even childlike - and with perfect but rather expressionless features. I would also ask: is it really necessary to post so many that show only minor changes in expression, dress, etc. together?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I look for realism in the images, so I don't focus much on the action. Let's say I generate a hundred pics. Most of them are going to be very similar. That's just the nature of Stable Diffusion. Other AI programs can get much more dynamic, but are less realistic. There are ways to dramatically alter things with LoRAs (a type of Stable Diffusion model), but sometimes they really screw up the quality of the image, so it's a give and take. As far as age, I put "27 year old" as the default in my prompts. Changing it to 20 or 30 doesn't make a noticeable difference.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Talionic For This Useful Post: Xtant
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Talionic View Post
    I look for realism in the images
    For me, it's this that is the important part. I can get on board with some AI fakes, so long as the work actually represents the subject. However 9 times out of 10, AI art just looks off. I realise it's "art" not "photo realistic", so there's only so much that can be done at this stage, but it doesn't change that a vast majority of it looks like a cartoonists interpretation of a person.

Alas, I can say this applies to some of the works you've posted on the previous page, some of these don't look like Emma Watson, but our minds are tricked into thinking it does because of the "Harry Potter" scene she's standing in.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FlibbityJibbet03 For This Useful Post: Exintaris
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I'm not pasting actual headshots onto bodies so it's not gonna be perfect. I think some of my models are really good and some are a little off. That's the nature of AI. I've been doing this less than a year and still have a lot to learn.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Talionic For This Useful Post: Xtant
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Talionic View Post
    I look for realism in the images, so I don't focus much on the action. Let's say I generate a hundred pics. Most of them are going to be very similar. That's just the nature of Stable Diffusion. Other AI programs can get much more dynamic, but are less realistic. There are ways to dramatically alter things with LoRAs (a type of Stable Diffusion model), but sometimes they really screw up the quality of the image, so it's a give and take. As far as age, I put "27 year old" as the default in my prompts. Changing it to 20 or 30 doesn't make a noticeable difference.
    Well, all I can say is that your models do not look like 27, let alone 30; indeed, often they don't look 20, to my eye. This is a feature I've noticed in a lot of AIs by others, and it must have something to do with how the whole system is set up.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Re: Taylor Swift

I'm almost inclined to ask if you're the one making these, as you seem to have a new batch to post every day.

Either way, word on the street is that Taylor's lawyers are issuing DMCA notices to any website/servers that host AI generated images of her, following the growing spread of these kinds of images. Whether mods here want to believe me or not, but I've seen many DeviantArt pages vanish in the past two days, with banning notification citing this as the reason. It's essentially too dangerous now to have picture of her in the current time.

So keep posting them if you want, but if we lose this website, we'll know who to blame.
    Up to mods whether they want to close the Taylor thread in order to preserve the rest of the forum.
    Last edited by FlibbityJibbet03; January 30th, 2024 at 07:40 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlibbityJibbet03 For This Useful Post:: soupie, Vggn
Page 1 of 2 12 Last