Page 2 of 24 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: MMA & Wrestling News/Current Events

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicus69
    more news from smackdown. a new tag team will be showing up called the hillbillies. they could be using the godwinn's old gimick. the team is made up of ray gordy and drew hankinson. drew was the guy who portrayed the fake kane some time ago. remember him?
    Where'd you hear that? The new Godwinns are Henry (Mark Canterbury) and Cousin Cletus (Ray Gordy). Henry wasn't the fake Kane, he was one of the original Godwinns with Mideon. Fake Kane was the Freakin' Deacon.

After teaming together in Development, have they dropped Henry O. Godwinn from his own gimmick?

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    i think plans are changing cuz i read what demonicus did too.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardwin
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicus69
    more news from smackdown. a new tag team will be showing up called the hillbillies. they could be using the godwinn's old gimick. the team is made up of ray gordy and drew hankinson. drew was the guy who portrayed the fake kane some time ago. remember him?
    Where'd you hear that? The new Godwinns are Henry (Mark Canterbury) and Cousin Cletus (Ray Gordy). Henry wasn't the fake Kane, he was one of the original Godwinns with Mideon. Fake Kane was the Freakin' Deacon.

After teaming together in Development, have they dropped Henry O. Godwinn from his own gimmick?
    yep that is the news that came out the other day. it doesn't look like they'll be portraying any godwinns just some new hillbillies.
    What doesn't kill you. Simply makes you STRANGER!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    whoa, can't say i'm surprised, but did you guys read the news about randy orton? basically his days as a main eventer are over and he is gonna job for a while at least. can't say i'm sorry for him either.

btw, about a week ago i had this idea that i thought was really funny. (i'd do this if i lived close) it was to make a sign to take to the first raw back from european tour (that randy orton got sent home from) and the sign would read: "Randy Orton trashed my hotel room" lol
    (i wonder if they'd confiscate it? ;p)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disturbedite
    whoa, can't say i'm surprised, but did you guys read the news about randy orton? basically his days as a main eventer are over and he is gonna job for a while at least. can't say i'm sorry for him either.

btw, about a week ago i had this idea that i thought was really funny. (i'd do this if i lived close) it was to make a sign to take to the first raw back from european tour (that randy orton got sent home from) and the sign would read: "Randy Orton trashed my hotel room" lol
    (i wonder if they'd confiscate it? ;p)
    they'd probably take it away. i heard they were taking away signs that had NWO written on it. and the same with tshirts that had NWO, they were making people turn them over or just put on another, don't know if its true. i think the whole jobber thing for randy started right after the wwe came back from europe. who was it that cena fell down on and pinned at backlash. it was orton. since then orton has been losing match after match. it's his fault that he can't follow the rules. not even triple h has faith in the guy anymore. triple h at one point believed that orton could be the future of the wwe but not anymore. seriously triple h and the undertaker should take randy orton somewhere in the back of the locker room and teach him a lesson. no one wants him in the wwe and and they would want to see him fired but vinnie mac doesn't wanna do it cuz he doesn't want orton to pull another kurt angle.

well heres' some news. the wwe has fired rob conway. he was fired on tv back in january but was still wrestling mainly in dark matches. they finally let him go.

edge if officially a member of smackdown. guess the wwe felt edge had done enough on raw so they moved him in hopes of new storylines.

also austin's movie the condemned is finally being pulled out of theaters. about 1,802 to be exact. there are still some theaters showing it so i'm hoping this stops the wwe from constantly showing those damn promos over and over and get to actually showing some wrestling. also it seems the wwe is finally learning their lesson with the condemned cuz the wwe recently announced that some of their upcoming wwe films will go straight to dvd and not to the theater. i hear another XFL type fiasco for vinnie mac. the guy should just stick to wrestling.

edge will now face batista for the title at judgement day. also kennedy might get involved in this new fued. but he won't be able to actually wrestle for about 8 weeks cuz of his injury. but they say to expect him to still show up in some way.

ok has anyone heard of the rumor that when RVD leaves the wwe that he will go to tna but that he will be accompanied by paul haymen. and that tna has this storyline where hayman and rvd will get together some of the former ecw guys and start some kind of new group. also as a way of throwing the finger at the wwe by having matches that go along the lines of the original ecw.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    i haven't heard that, but i'd like it just to spite what vince did to ecw lol!

i just had a frightening but prolly realistic thought. you guys read about wwe trying to "clean up their image" to get "higher class" sponsors right? like the crap with the divas and other stuff...well i was just thinking, if triple h's injury didn't do it, i betcha that this new "mainstream" approach will the be the final nail in the coffin of dx... thoughts?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    i'm a little bit surprised you didn't hear about, cuz its a big policy change. apparently you missed out on reading that one gardwin, here is an example of it, but its covered more in general in the last paragraph:

WWE has instituted a new doctrine on the presentation of their divas. The company has brought in a third party consultant to give the women of the company new wardrobes and advice on how to look classier and prevent them coming off as a “slut” on television. New hair stylists and makeup artists are now also working with the WWE divas.

As has been evident in the past week, all divas have been given new outfits to show less skin. Instead of wearing short skirts that expose their butts, most divas are now wrestling in long tights. While their tops still show cleavage, company officials do not want their breasts popping out.

Apparently the decision to institute the new doctrine stems from WWE trying to get more mainstream advertising. Also it should be considered that Linda McMahon is being pushed as a top female executive and that could have led to some embarrassing situations for her had an advertiser actually watched WWE programming.

they released rob conway too, not that i care lol....

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    la resistance! oh man yeah he wasn't being used anymore.

more from the wrestling news world.

vince wants to take the wwe into the world of high definition tv within the next year. great that'll make it more clearer for us when the wrestlers don't actually make contact with their fists.

also expect the condemned to be pulled out of theaters by next week since it didn't even make it into the top ten. hell it wasn't even in the top 13. man i hate seeing those damn promos of it on raw, ecw and smackdown.

jbl wants to return to the ring but vince won't allow him until he sees a full medical release.

MVP is very popular backstage and is considered to be Chris Benoit's personal project. Benoit is teaching him the ropes and wants him to become a champion. i guess that explains a little more on why they have this rivalry thing going.

and for anyone who wants a translation of what carlito said on raw:
    On Raw, Carlito went on a rant against Torrie Wilson in Spanish. Here's a translation: "You're a dime–a–dozen dirty blonde. You're not worth a cent. To me, you're nothing, understand? I hate the day that we met. I don't know why I let you into me life. I want you to get out of here. I want you to go to hell, you understand? You're not worth a cent, you understand? Dumb blonde. (Torrie slaps him and leaves the ring.) Leave then. Go on. Leave. I don't need you. I don't you need you for anything. Leave. Leave running and crying, just like that. Leave. (To the fans) And you - you know full well that I'm the best in this company. Those other guys back there haven't wrestled, and you've never wrestled. The best thing to arrive ever in this company is named Carlito."
    i didn't need the help translating it since i know how to speak spanish, but it was a slightly different spanish than i'm used to.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    maybe thats cuz he is from puerto rico...

hey guys, check it out, its fuckin tyson tomko in this pic lol!
    http://dl.famousboard.com/files/2159...6lo_197469.jpg

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disturbedite
    maybe thats cuz he is from puerto rico...

hey guys, check it out, its fuckin tyson tomko in this pic lol!
    http://dl.famousboard.com/files/2159...6lo_197469.jpg
    That's why he wasn't at ringside with Scott Steiner!

Judgement Day...WWE Title...New Champion!!! Prepare to worship the Great Khali (or be really annoyed by a bullshit DQ finish)!!!

Oh well, at least that nasty Edge did the job just to remind us how B-List Smackdown! is. That'll teach him to try and have a career...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    scratch that new divas policy, its already been reversed.

and sabu was released. too bad, cuz i liked to watch his matches...
    vito was released too. his matches, eh, not so much.... :P

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    sabu was scheduled to go against kevin thorn but instead they put nunzio against him. also snitsky might be going to raw to challenge cena for the title. they're saying to expect sandman to be next in line to be fired. some of the reason for the firing was that sabu was constantly running late for tapings and never having his gear. although there have been some rumors about a situation involving sabu that took place over the weekend. but no one has said what it could have been.

chris jericho might return for the 3 hour season premiere of raw in october. and not just for that one show but to actually stay on. although they're trying to push for jericho to return by summerslam.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    --ESPN News will carry the UFC 71: LIDDELL vs JACKSON weigh-in LIVE on ESPN television, Friday, May 25th at 4pm Pacifc Time /7pm Eastern Time, in the US and Canada.

WOW. its cool (although i knew this already) that mma is getting much more mainstream coverage and ppl are starting to see that this is the most exciting & fastest growing of sports in the world.

--MMANews.com has new exclusive fighter interviews with Frank Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Brock Lesnar and more. Check out the site today to read up on those and more

thought you guys might enjoy one of those reads...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

RVD GONE

BREAKING NEWS:

Rob Van Dam's match with Snitsky on Tuesday could have very well been his last match ever in WWE. Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that RVD is officially done with World Wrestling Entertainment as of last Wednesday. WWE felt that keeping RVD around and burying him on TV was not worth it and it was better to get him off TV as soon as possible.

His contract wasn't going to expire until late June at the earliest, but WWE officials cut that short because RVD said he would not re-sign with them and they had nothing for him until then. Despite the early release, RVD has a no-compete clause, and thus he can't show up in TNA next week for instance.

He is expected to sign with TNA after a long deserved summer break. If and when he joins TNA, it will probably be in September at the earliest. TNA is trying to land a two hour slot for the fall season on Spike, so if they end up getting it, they'll probably hold him off for the two hour show's debut.

i'm glad to see them not mistreat him or bury him that way. maybe they did it for the wrong reasons, or not, but at least that didn't happen too bad.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    WWE has come to terms on the release of Ariel, Scotty 2 Hotty & Nick Mitchell of the Spirit Squad. We wish them all the best in all future endeavors.
    Vince is ECW Champion...Sabu gone...RVD going...Scorpio gone...Ariel gone...

Page 2 of 24 First 123412 ... Last