Page 3 of 24 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: MMA & Wrestling News/Current Events

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    i never liked ariel, visually or whatever. i never thought she was very attractive, judging from her nude pics & seeing her on tv.

in other news, shane helms will undergo surgery monday to repair a (nearly) broken neck he suffered recently. the recent injury was aggravated by pre-existing injuries from the past. it will be the same surgery that kurt angle had a few years back. (neck fusion). it will put him out of action for a year. wish him all the best in a speedy recovery.

2. # ADS

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    blame stephanie mcmahon for the recent firings.
    from f4wonline

Stephanie McMahon was promoted to the role where she decides who gets hired and who gets fired last week. Johnny Ace answers to her now, or she can overrule him on a decision if she wants. She's really making use of her title now, as she fired eight people within one week after there weren't any cuts since before WrestleMania.

Stephanie's first victims ended up being Rob Conway and 2 Cold Scorpio, who were released on 5/11. Scorpio had spent months and months sitting at home doing nothing, so this was no surprise. Conway was a surprise because he's a good worker and always had a good attitude. Stephanie felt Conway was a "jobber for life" and would never draw any money, and wanted to make room for more developmental talents to be called up.

Johnny Ace had to be the "bad cop" (which is his new role, as if he didn't have enough heat already), and made things worse for himself by lying, saying creative couldn't come up with anything for Conway to do. The problem was that creative had come up with something for him, a reunited La Resistance on ECW. Conway had just recently received his new gear when Ace told him there were no ideas. Many people in the company were very unhappy with the call since they felt he could have made a great teacher in Louisville.

Stephanie's taking her new role very seriously and she really wants to make her mark. Expect to see some more cuts within the next few days/weeks. Had Stephanie not been promoted, the individuals recently released would probably still be around, or at least a little while longer.
    What doesn't kill you. Simply makes you STRANGER!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Anyone remember the return to WWE of Pipers Pit? It was just after Wrestlemania 19 and Piper was interviewing Vince McMahon about their mutual dislike of Hogan. The segment degenerated into Vince and Roddy just sniping at each other but I remember Piper talking about Vince's reputation as a "successful businessman." He made the point that Vince has failed at everything he's tried except the company he stole from his father.

World Bodybuilding Federation, dead. XFL, dead. John Cena's rap CD failed. After only 3 movies, WWE Films has announced it's going to be direct-to-dvd from now on.

*Edit* Add WWF New York to that list too.

Throw in the failed WCW/ECW InVasion, Goldberg, nWo, the revived WWECW...

Jericho, Big Show, Trish, Lita, Christian and possibly RVD have all left the company to work for less money rather than deal with the heavy schedule and politics of WWE...

When was the last time Vincent Kennedy McMahon, certified billionaire and self-proclaimed genetic jackhammer did anything remotely succesful? Has he lost all touch with the audience?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardwin
    Anyone remember the return to WWE of Pipers Pit? It was just after Wrestlemania 19 and Piper was interviewing Vince McMahon about their mutual dislike of Hogan. The segment degenerated into Vince and Roddy just sniping at each other but I remember Piper talking about Vince's reputation as a "successful businessman." He made the point that Vince has failed at everything he's tried except the company he stole from his father.

World Bodybuilding Federation, dead. XFL, dead. John Cena's rap CD failed. After only 3 movies, WWE Films has announced it's going to be direct-to-dvd from now on.

Throw in the failed WCW/ECW InVasion, Goldberg, nWo, the revived WWECW...

Jericho, Big Show, Trish, Lita, Christian and possibly RVD have all left the company to work for less money rather than deal with the heavy schedule and politics of WWE...

When was the last time Vincent Kennedy McMahon, certified billionaire and self-proclaimed genetic jackhammer did anything remotely succesful? Has he lost all touch with the audience?
    are you really asking that as a question? lol (being sarcastic).

now you know why i've been into mma more in the last year. (and the shitty writing/story lines).

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    more (prolly) bad news for wwe.

shawn michaels blew out his knee yesterday. he is going to try to work through the next ppv with the injury.

i hope he just doesn't end up further injuring it...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Cena won...Khali...TAPPED...OUT...! What does it take for Cena to lose for fucks sake!!!

...I can't even be bothered to bitch about it anymore...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardwin
    Cena won...Khali...TAPPED...OUT...! What does it take for Cena to lose for fucks sake!!!
    vince to take a day off, thats what. lol

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    The "concussion" of RVD by The Career Killer Randy Orton sets him up to leave WWE after some kind of injury angle with Snitsky at WWE One Night Stand.

Thoughts on the upcoming draft? Rumours suggest post-Wrestlemania that Cade & Murdoch would be going to WWECW, Benoit returns to RAW (again!) and Snitsky joins RAW or floats between all three brands. I can see Randy Orton jumping to WWECW to add some star power. Any others?

I was watching Secrets Of The Ring with Raven #5: Booking; last night and heard him talking about the increase in tv-time resulting in PPV matches being given away. A booker should schedule PPV matches to make money, be it by fans buying a ticket or ordering the PPV. The reason I mention this is this weekend, free on NBC and Sky Sports, John Cena vs The Great Khali at Saturday Nights Main Event in a non-title special challenge match. 24 hours later at WWE One Night Stand it's...John Cena vs The Great Khali, this time for the WWE Title. How many people will pay money to see something that they saw 24 hours earlier, for free?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rex786
    i used to watch wrestling all the time, but around the time the UFC started airing on Spike TV there was no way i would ever watch wrestling again. I cant get into something that is that fake and boring. I find it extremely boring and i don't understand how anyone can watch something like that when they can watch mma. And for being a wrestling and mma thread none says anuthing about mma, just wrestling.
    Gotta admit, I did enjoy watching Rampage Jackson knock Liddel out. That startled look on his face when the ref called it, Jackson is the most charismatic champion they've had in a while too. It's also gonna be interesting to see the extended effect PRIDE will have on UFC.

As for nobody talking MMA, if you decided to contribute maybe we would. I'm more of a boxing fan myself.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    did anyone else see the jardine v alexander fight at ufc 71? that was fuckin crazy...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Things That Make Me Embarressed To Be Wrestling Fan Number #5027:

Vince is dead?! WTF?!!!

Does this set up a "Who Shot Mr Burns" type thing or will Vince be found 6 months from now suffering from amnesia and living with homeless people (Bonus Points for whoever gets that reference)? Was the carbomb set by a suicide bomber leading to the return of Muhammed Hassan? Was Hornswoggle really an IRA terrorist? Or was it actually a reciept from God for losing the tag team match against the McMahons at Backlash a couple years ago?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

Besides that the draft went well. ECW gained Benoit and the Boogeyman and lost the two giants Snitsky and Lashley (no harm there). Can't wait to watch those 60 Minute Matchs between Benoit and Punk! More importently they kept Elijah Burke, Monty Brown and Punk. After months and months and months of Vince vs Lashley for the ECW title, it's now vacant (?)

RAW gained the previously mentioned monsters, King Booker returns to monday nights and Mr Kennedy gets a move to the bigtime. I smell a Pedigree in his future...

Smackdown! got ass fucked in the draft. Losing Ken Kennedy, Booker T and Benoit is bad enough but replacing them with Khali and Torrie Wilson?! At least they gained a (kinda) fresh face in Ric Flair. As much as I've grown to loathe Slick Ric over the last few years I'd mark out to see him wear the fake WCW title belt again. Masters has potential but with Benoit gone I can't see whose gonna be schooling him in the ring.

Anyone else think it was kinda a cop-out though? The build-up to the draft was about tag teams potentially being split up and champions switching brands. The only champion to move was stripped of the belt a whole 30 seconds after it was announced.

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    i have this habit of joking about things with my friends... i make up a ficticious situation and say wouldn't that be funny if "blah blah blah".

i was thinking last night, as vince was taking a half hour to walk to the back, of calling my friend with this idea of "wouldn't it be funny if vince killed himself and then was back the next week with no explanation of what happened and they acted like it never happened?"

and then to my amazement (and UTTER LAUGHTER) from what i saw compared with what i was thinking before the limo blew up, i was just amazed and just cracking up in laughter.

but obviously i know that they are setting up some kind of angle...
    i was thinking that it might be that vince did it to see how everyone would react...

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    also the draft is still going on. it was supposed to be wednesday noon when the rest of the draft was going to happen live on the internet but now because of all the vince is dead stuff it's been moved to sunday. so on sunday we'll find out what other changes are in store and if any of the tag teams will be seperated.

i had heard about the limo explosion on sunday night when it was reported by people that some explosion had been taped just outside the arena but no one was sure exactly what it was about. so on monday when vince stepped into that limo it blew up, well now we all knew. apparantly theres this whole thing about a "who shot j.r." parody going on with this and now we're going to see who could be resposible for vince's so-called death. i have a feeling that he'll show up at some point in the future and he'll just have this whole i faked my own death scenario. i've read that everything from vince walking out the back of the arena and then getting into the limo was all live and at just the right moment the taped stuff was edited in. vince's foot coming back out of the limo was supposed to be the cue for the edit.
    What doesn't kill you. Simply makes you STRANGER!

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    of those of you that watch mma, i was wondering which match all of you are looking forward to most at ufc 72?

Thanks Given
    Thanks Received
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Devastated to hear that "Sensational" Sherri Martel passed away last night at the age of 49.

Probably the only great female manager in wrestling history, valeted Macho King Randy Savage, HBK Shawn Michaels, Harlem Heat, Ric Flair and "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase.

R.I.P "Sensational" "Sista" Sherri.

Page 3 of 24 First 1234513 ... Last